I wanna lose 10lbs in 1 month.

Options
So right now I am 5'7" and i am 154lbs. I would like to lose 10lbs this month but i really need some tips and encouragement!
Thanks!!
:)

Replies

• Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well I think your at a healthy weight, Which means it will be harder for you to lose that mug in that amount of time.
    It has taken me 3 months to lose 10lbs because I'm already considered at a healthy we
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well I think your at a healthy weight, Which means it will be harder for you to lose that much in that amount of time.
    It has taken me 3 months to lose 10lbs because I'm already considered at a healthy weight.
    With that being said, I think you should take your time.. You don't want to lose lean muscle trying to lose that fast anyway.

Goodluck with whatever you choose (:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If those are your abs in the profile picture I can't imagine why you'd want to drop any weight.
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    there is a group 10 lbs in June if you want to join for some encouragement and accountability!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 10lbs in 1 month too! Unfortunately, at your height and weight, a 10lb loss in 1 month is really, really not realistic, or healthy. You could, possibly, depending on a number of factors, lose several lbs of water weight, but presumably it's fat that you want to lose?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If those are your abs in the profile picture I can't imagine why you'd want to drop any weight.
    Right because no one uses a pic they found on google.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 151lb. It's taken me 3 months to lose 14lb.

You could try the 30 Day Shred??? :smile:
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    As you are in a healthy weight range for your height it is unlikely that you'd be able to drop that much weight in that little time healthily.

You should aim for 1 - 2lbs a week, which is healthy, maintainable weight loss for people trying to shift the last 10 or so lbs.

The best way to go about it is to calculate your BMR: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

This is the minimum amount of calories you should eat a day. That coupled with regular exercise will make you lose weight at a healthy pace. It may take a little longer than you want, but overall it'll be worth it.
  • kaylarachellee
    kaylarachellee Posts: 201 Member
    Options

No, thats not me. Thats what i want my abs to look like.... put that picture up for inspiration. :)
  • kaylarachellee
    Options
    there is a group 10 lbs in June if you want to join for some encouragement and accountability!

how?
  • kaylarachellee
    Options
    I would love to lose 10lbs in 1 month too! Unfortunately, at your height and weight, a 10lb loss in 1 month is really, really not realistic, or healthy. You could, possibly, depending on a number of factors, lose several lbs of water weight, but presumably it's fat that you want to lose?

Fat + Water weight would be good. I am exercising daily, except for the weekend... Just walking or hiking whenever i can on the weekends. And then during the week i go to the gym. I have lost 8lbs since May 1st from intense exercising and eating 1200- 1500 calories. I usually end up eating alot of proteins and fats, and not meeting my rda of carbs.
  • lukadu
    lukadu Posts: 12
    Options
    You should try Insanity, the beach body workout. I lost 13 pounds on the first month alone.... It is hard on your knees because there is lots of jumping, but it is a great workout!