Replies

• Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! :) and Happy B-Day
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You'll be doing pull-ups before me!
  • Kellerz724
    Kellerz724 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! and Congrats on hitting your goal!! keep up the great work!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    thanks so awesome! Yay you! Happy BirthdAy!
  • stampinmama
    Options
    "President's Physical Fitness" tests messed me up as well. One day a year we would all be forced to run a mile around the outside of the gym. No lead up. No pacing. No help. Just judgement. I've just completed the Couch to 5K program and discovered, not only CAN I run, I like it, and I'm good at it. Imagine how much sooner I'd have figured out this if I'd been coached instead of traumatized in grade school. BTW, I'm 20 years younger than you, which means that stuff was going on for WAY too long. Are they still doing that to kids?

And congratulations!

yes, they still do it.... and it is still traumatizing to some.
  • munkey418
    munkey418 Posts: 139
    Options
    "President's Physical Fitness" tests messed me up as well. One day a year we would all be forced to run a mile around the outside of the gym. No lead up. No pacing. No help. Just judgement. I've just completed the Couch to 5K program and discovered, not only CAN I run, I like it, and I'm good at it. Imagine how much sooner I'd have figured out this if I'd been coached instead of traumatized in grade school. BTW, I'm 20 years younger than you, which means that stuff was going on for WAY too long. Are they still doing that to kids?

And congratulations!
    I have often thought the same thing. Gym class was horrible for me - and now I LOVE going to the gym. I'm still me- it's that now I get coached and helped instead of picked last and ridiculed. It's awesome to see that I can really do this stuff! And IDK if they still do it. I will ask my niece. She just graduated from high school last year.

yep still do it :(
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job, doing military style pushups is a goal of mine also. :happy:
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options

And congratulations!

when i was in grade school, they did it, but i only had to do it once. and i think this was 1995 ish... i graduated in 05
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congrats on reaching your goal. My goal would be to touch my toes again, which at 45, I haven't done in 30+ years. No flexibility at all, so I get to just half way between my knees and my toes. Maybe before my b-day in the fall!
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Happy birthday! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!