My Progress pics (Looking for motivation today?)

Options

Replies

• Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Seeing your pictures definitely keeps me motivated!
    I am 5"7 and currently weight 157. I started at 180 and my goal is 145. I need to lose these last 15ish pounds but i am having the hardest time. I put in plenty of exercise and I eat quite healthy....
    Im stuck.

any tips?

Thanks for the congrats! It means a lot to me.
    Some tips I could suggest, esp. when it comes to exercising:
    1. Find a buddy or a group class you - I have two neighbors whom I walk or run with. It keeps me motivated to keep those early morning workouts. Also, I take classes like Zumba or Spinning and just knowing the time & place I have to be there really helps. Also, I know now a few people in the classes and it's actually nice to see them in the classes.
    2. I did C25K to get me started running, so programs like that really help.
    3. Get a Heart Rate Monitor. I have a Polar FT7 and I love it. Using it as a tool to motivate how many calories I burn really helps and lets me set goals as to what to burn for the week.
    4. Join groups on MFP with goals by certain dates or weight loss where you have to check in frequently.
    5. Mix it up and be SURE once you get into the groove of working out often you take at least one or two days off. Your body needs a break.
    6. Set goals exercise related, burn X calories per week, sign up to run a race, set weight lifting goal etc.

In terms of eating:
    1. Mix it up! Try things like Zig-Zagging(search on here for it) or having high and low days including eating none, half and all of your exercise calories. I feel like the more your confuse your body, the more it wants to be at it's ideal weight.
    2. Personally, my body doesn't react to low carb so I don't do any of that stuff. I do look at my macros and try to ensure I get in enough protein as I'm mostly vegetarian. Also, I look at my iron and fiber because I notice that helps me not feel dizzy or constipated.(TMI, sorry).
    3. Get a digital food scale, measuring cups and spoons. When I'm home I measure (almost) everything I eat.
    4. Try to eat at least 1200 (+/- 100) OR NET 1200 (when you are mixing it up) :-)
    5. If I have a slip, I don't consider it a slip, I track it and move on. You can start your 'day' over anytime you want :-) I still have splurge days (mixing it up!). I think they are normal and help actually keep me on track all the other days.
    This is just what has worked for me. Take what you want and leave the rest. :happy:
    Hope these help!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!!!
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great!
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats BIG TIME !
    I learned (the hard way) that the key is not only to lose what you need to get to your goal, but to keep it off.
    That is where most us fail, we think we got the job done and then forget all the great stuff we learned.
    Then we slip into the same old rut.
    Reward yourself for your victory, and keep rewarding yourself for keeping it off.

Thanks!
    Yeah, this is where I suspect I'll struggle as well. My plan is to just keep setting new goals and rewards (unrelated to weight) to help maintain and get even healthier. :-)
    I also have a whole new wardrobe and really really want to be able to enjoy it!
  • stellapiano
    stellapiano Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And this is such an inspiration to boot. Congratulations; I hope I have as much success as you eventually!
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    VERY well done! And yes, great motivation :) Thanks for sharing!
  • Mandy86Lee
    Mandy86Lee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Down 41.8 pounds as of this morning. Went from 179 to 137.2 in about 7 months. I'm 5'5 1/4" inches.

If you think you can't do this, you are wrong. If I can do it, anyone can! Chin up and take it one meal/workout at a time.

Love all the support and friends I've made on MFP! Don't think it'd be at this point if you guys weren't here.
    I feel like a whole new person and I have sooo much more energy... It's awesome.

I'm in Loft and Old Navy size 2 but everywhere else size 4/6! (I think Loft and OL vanity size) Anyway, here are some pics, hope this helps someone find that motivation they need at least for today! I think I'm pretty much at my goal (1.2 pounds away) but I'm not 100% sure that's my final goal.:happy:
    Progress.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for this. I am at 178-182 now and would love to be 138! Thank you!
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You look amazing :) I have been feeling very discourage lately ... You are beautiful. Good work!
  • lexipot
    lexipot Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look great! Thanks for sharing... I'm (almost) 5'5 and started at 185, aiming for 155 (thinking maybe more like 150 for BMI purposes)... this gave me great encouragement!
  • bhajrizi11
    bhajrizi11 Posts: 101
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! thats awesome! :)
  • sudngcg
    sudngcg Posts: 8
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!!
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You were beautiful before. Now you are simply breathtaking! :flowerforyou:
  • centaurfilly
    Options
    That's amazing! You look great, congrats :)
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    OMG - THANK YOU FOR SHARING your photos! What encouragement. You certainly were determined. Good for you! I'm taking your determination and tapping into it. I'm only 18lbs away from my goal. I KNOW I can do this! Friend me!

Karen
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Totally inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) You look so good!
  • jefflturn
    jefflturn Posts: 41
    Options
    You really look like a different person. Amazing results!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Your hard work and dedication has certainly paid off and you should be proud!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You look incredible...thanks for sharing!!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i am new to mfp and as you can see, i have a long ways to go. . . looking at your photo's and seeing that youa re at the front door or your goal....is fan-freakin-tastic!! you are indeed a gerat motivation to me and others as well. so happy for you....dont you feel amazing? doing hte happy dance for you!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!