5'4" and 135-- Dilemma!!

Options
I am 5'4" and weigh right around 135 pounds @ 21 years old. I used to eat way too little and exercise way too much, and was around 120. Before this year, the highest I would ever let myself get was 125. But now, I eat like a regular person and exercise 3-4 times a week, moderately. I am much happier, and I actually feel healthier with the increased food, but I just can't get used to weighing the extra 10-15 pounds. Do you think that it is better to aim for the lower weight, knowing that I am less happy but weight a better weight, or stay more comfortably at a heavier weight?

Thanks for your input! :)

Replies

• ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are feeling. I'm also 5'4" and I'm stuck at around 137. It can be frustrating, but it's just a number. How are your clothes fitting? Are they looser/tighter/the same as when you were at 120/125? Even though I'm heavier than I was when I was in my 20's, I am wearing smaller sized clothing and I think I look better than I did. (I had no muscle tone whatsoever at 125.) If you are happy with how you feel and how you look, then don't worry about the number on the scale!
  • xcgirl078
    xcgirl078 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My clothes are a bit tighter, but now at least it comes with a waist! And you look fantastic, I wouldn't say that you are 'stuck' at 137 at all!! :)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    If you are happier now, stay where you are. You are still well within a normal weight range for your height, so do what makes you feel the best.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Number on a scale ain't no thang. Ditch the scale and go by the tape measure!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing- at your age, your new weight is probably from your body developing in to your "adult" body. Many many women want to get back to the weight they were when they were 18, or their HS weight, and it's almost impossible without extreme measures for most of us. That being said- I bet your body at 135 is bangin' and probably more attractive than 15 pounds ago! And since you are happier, I would write the old weight off as your teenage weight, and move on to accepting your new hot bod and more balanced lifestyle!