A MFP Motivation filled mirror

Options
So my bathroom mirror takes up the entire wall, it's huge, you can't avoid seeing yourself in it when you walk in, and 80% of the time I think "ugh, THAT'S how I look right now?"

So I needed some positive energy to turn it around, I asked my MFP friends to leave me a comment and I would put it on a post it note on my mirror so I would think positive thoughts when I looked in the mirror and it would keep me going. They wrote awesome stuff that made me smile ear to ear.

And here they are :)

(I also wrote their screen names on the bottom of the post it to remember who wrote what in case I need to give someone an extra thank you if their note makes me extra smiley)

18533bfc.jpg
bd1f1cfb.jpg

Replies

• divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! :D I will have to think of another one for you. :D
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    well I know what I'm doing Monday after work...
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you.. I am stuck in a rut and I'm totally going to do this. They will be right next to my dress that I will one day fit in to. Thank you again
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea.
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!
  • happypath101
    happypath101 Posts: 534
    Options
    Awesome! There was a time in my life where I said a lot of unkind stuff to myself - in my head, while looking in the mirror every morning. So, I found a great picture of me as a kid and I pinned it to that mirror. Every time I spoke to myself about myself I had to look at that sweet, smiling, freckled face.

My self-talk got very supportive very fast.

:)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    great Idea I am using this one for sure.
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Sooopp cool!!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I hope that everyday when I look at it and read those things that I will learn that how I see myself right now is NOT how other people see me.
  • xochi71
    xochi71 Posts: 33
    Options
    I love this idea, I am gonna use it. something I have on my bathroom mirror is a fat pic of me with my heaviest weight and underneath I wrote never again!!! The other day I was telling my hubby I am gonna post a new pic every month to keep me on track!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    looks great, honeybun! :)
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    This is excellent, good for you! And look how happy you look! Love it.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Love it!!!!!!!!!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    I love this idea, I am gonna use it. something I have on my bathroom mirror is a fat pic of me with my heaviest weight and underneath I wrote never again!!! The other day I was telling my hubby I am gonna post a new pic every month to keep me on track!

Ive heard of people doing that, and its great for people that it works for, but for me I can't look backwards, it just makes me more sad looking at what I let myself become, I have to just keep looking forward.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Awesome work :)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    YAAAAAAY! I love it!!!! I need to steal this idea from you because it makes me stupid happy :)
  • alexiaschulz
    alexiaschulz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    very good. I like it.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    YAAAAAAY! I love it!!!! I need to steal this idea from you because it makes me stupid happy :)

Doooooo it!
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Very cool.