Tattoos...

Options
bazaar1982
bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
Had a look and couldn't see a tattoo thread to allow us to share tattoo pics etc, thought I'd start one (ii maybe wrong, it might be hiding!)

What tattoos do you have? I have 7 - a cat on my stomach, stars on my wrist, a lotus flower on my wrist, a buddist symbol also on my wrist, a wolf outline on the inner elbow, a Maori hammerhead shark on my shoulder blade and a gothic Poe inspired (self designed) crows and tree siloette with creed lyrics incorporated (on my other shoulder round to the back of my neck)

Number 8 in planning.... Will try to put pictures up...

Replies

• DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    <<I'm working on my full backpiece(about 10 hours into an approx. 30 hour piece). The banner will have a quote from The Raven and all the flowers will be colored in.

I also have a brown wrist cuff...it's a pattern made up of a small design I had on my wedding invitations. It wraps all the way around.

I have words that are backwards on my collarbone so I can see them in the mirror. They are brown also.

I have an arabic word in brown on my shoulder.

I have a clover on my tummy(HATE it)

After my backpiece, I have a 1/4 sleeve drawn out with a skull and detailing.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have a panda on my left shoulder blade and "L'Amour" in script on my inner right wrist. I have number 3 planned, a bird, but not sure if I want to get it on the side of my foot or wait until I lose more weight and get it on my collarbone.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WW2 Era VW Logo (Also known as "The Gear") between my shoulder blades.

Air Cooled VW. <3
  • yummymommy78
    Options
    I have 3 dolphins on my right ankle to represent my oldest 3 sons, a libra symbol on the back of my neck, and a "tramp stamp" (lower back tatty) that has a custom celtic heart knot in the middle with a blue dolphin on one side and a purple dolphin on the other side and then a tribal dolphin on either side of those. I have more tats planned ... but I always put them off because I hate to spend money on myself. LOL! But I *HAVE* to get another one done to represent my 1 year old, and one for my stillborn I had on "leap year day" (Feb. 29).
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    an older pic from my blog
    i was still chunky here:

34592_10150211819950084_4439061_n.jpg

205114_1943349432758_663461_n.jpg

AND
    my daughter's foot prints on the tops of my feet
    my son's foot prints on my lower back
    a gothy fairy on my left arm

and i really need to get a new picture of this.
    this was fresh.

321528_10150965022810084_809435083_21898582_584507983_n.jpg

oh, and a heart on my chest.
    the stars go over my shoulder.
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    back.png

286816_10150333869301085_507606084_9581695_6698809_o.jpg
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have 2, a cross & a basketball. I plan on getting more an angle, devil, diamond, sapphire, pearl & crown. It sounds pretty random but they all represent something.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    back.png

286816_10150333869301085_507606084_9581695_6698809_o.jpg

Nice artwork
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just got my first tattoo yesterday! My sons' names written on ribbon surrounded by hearts. It's on my lower calf.

My next tattoo will somehow honor my father who we lost Jan 2000. Will be on my shoulder blade. Haven't decided on design yet tho. I do want it open enough that when mom passes I can encorporate her memory into the design.
  • bazaar1982
    Options
    Wow, some gorgeous artwork here. Do you e et get any negative responses to it? I've not had anything, but I know a lot of people don't like my big raven piece. But that's not a negative I knew it'd be a love it or hate it piece!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bees!

319238180_1089291622_0_2-1.jpg
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have two half sleeves Asian style and a pinup on my ribs. Sounds like just a few but it's been dozens of hours of work. I love getting them and showing them off. Pics on my profile. I'm always looking for some new friends
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    Nice artwork

Thank you. I still have too much squish on my sides (those stubborn love-handles!) to really see it well, but the pelican has probably two sessions left to finish the tail and last bit of one wing, and once that's complete I'm getting the peacock fixed and the symbols touched up. The symbols were SO gorgeous when I first got them done, but that was 5 years ago and I didn't take care of them the way I should have, so they've faded a lot.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Wow, some gorgeous artwork here. Do you e et get any negative responses to it? I've not had anything, but I know a lot of people don't like my big raven piece. But that's not a negative I knew it'd be a love it or hate it piece!

I get negative responses all the time. I had a lady in Walmart shake her head and say it was "ridiculous". She was severely obese so my first reaction was telling her that maybe she needed to focus on what she's doing with her own body rather than what I did with mine. It was not my proudest moment. Now, I just smile and move on.
  • bazaar1982
    Options

I get negative responses all the time. I had a lady in Walmart shake her head and say it was "ridiculous". She was severely obese so my first reaction was telling her that maybe she needed to focus on what she's doing with her own body rather than what I did with mine. It was not my proudest moment. Now, I just smile and move on.

:0 how rude! I would never dream of telling someone that I didn't like a part of them! But then some people do judge too quickly...
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    I have some writing on my inner left wrist, the insides of my feet, the outer side under the ankle bone on my right foot, the back of my neck and behind my ear tattooed. Eventually I plan on getting a half sleeve, my back and ribs done as well.

No negative responses from people, only positive ones so far :). I tend to get more disgusts from the piercings I have. Hah!
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    Here are a few of mine.

This is a bigger one of my icon. It's a cover up and took about 7 hours
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/seamonkeypoo/2011-08-05_073620.jpg

This is on my ankle
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/seamonkeypoo/treble.jpg
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    i have 2 so far, my scorpian on my boob and a branch with butterfly on my shoulder but wont one down my back on spine when my weights off. i have a nose ring does that count oh and ears. not bad for 64 tho.