Snack Help

Options
I love having my afternoon coffee with a small snack. This used to be cookies, chocolate, etc. I'm ok with that every once in a while but I'm also looking for ideas for foods that "go with coffee" but are low cal. For example, i don't want to have an orange with my coffee but a homemade peanut butter bar is lovely. Does that make sense? Thanks!

Replies

• SturgeonGal
    Options
    I sometimes have a Slimfast Optima bar they are not bad in the calories area and just enough sweet to get me thru the after noon ... and believe it or not they are yummy .. the peanut butter crunch tast like a butter finger candy bar and they have another one that is like having a snickers :happy:
    Be Creative...
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Little "Fun Size" Kit Kat or Hershey bars do it for me. They're good, and the portion control is done (unless you eat 6 or 'em).

It's tough being a guy who needs chocolate, I can't make any BS excuses about some time in a month or something. I'm just a pig who needs chocolate - :blushing:
  • oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try some almonds with a few dark chocolate chips. You can add raisins or craisins if you want, just be sure to check the calories and the sugar content when you decide on you perfect mix.
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Quaker mini rice cakes are good with coffee.
  • SachaMichel
    Options
    I can't make any BS excuses about some time in a month or something. I'm just a pig who needs chocolate - :blushing:

Hehe- same here! I ALWAYS have cravings so I can't blame it on my TOM :blushing:

To the OP: Do you like angel food cake? It's fat-free and a generous portion is only about 90 calories. :flowerforyou:
  • sara21
    sara21 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A 100 calorie pack of chips ahoy cookies sounds like it would be delicious with coffee. Yum!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    All these suggestions are great...I found the trick is to take small bites of whatever snack you choose and really take your time eating it with your coffee.
    I used to wolf down the donut, then drink my coffee and still be looking for more sweet treats ( I don't take sugar in my coffee, so the treat is the sweet balance). That's what made coffee time so devistating from a calories standpoint.
    Now that I can make one of those 100 calorie snack packs last right to the end of the cup of coffee, I find it satisfying without blowing the diet.
  • bretharpe
    Options
    Kellog's has "Special K" bars. They have 90 calories and they come in a variety of flavors. The vanilla goes great with my afternoon coffee! Try them!
  • wengoulet
    Options
    try graham crackers with "Light" cool whip...sure to satisfy, and very low cal.....
  • stephcheers
    Options
    I have the same problem in the morning with Breakfast. I love eating carbs. with my coffee in the morning. Lots of toast or cereal would be a dream for me, but I know that doesn't really get me off on the best start. I've started eating Kashi Oatmeal. Maybe it would be a good snack for you.
  • wengoulet
    wengoulet Posts: 17
    Options
    Fiber 1 bars there is one thats peanut butter its awesome 90 cal.... satisfies my sweet tooth.