Will it ever be enough

Options
So I'm sitting here, the day after my last weigh in, and I'm asking myself if it will ever be enough. I'm on the fortunate side in that I don't have much weight to lose, and I'm finally starting to tone up a bit (please don't let that come off as conceited b/c I am not, and I still have work to do). Anyway, I'm asking myself if it will ever be enough and wondering who else out there has these thoughts? I wonder if I will ever be happy in my own skin and be proud of it.

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Ur not the only one. I lost 23lbs and 5/6 pants sizes (started size 7, now size 1) and origanally my goal was just to be healthy but even tho I'm smaller I still want to keep goin. ( I'm not underweight or anything 121lbs at 5'2) but I still see problem areas I wanna fix. I hope one day I'll get to a size that will be good enough. But for now I'm just gonna keep at it
  • TooLeftFeet
    TooLeftFeet Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here too. I like the way I feel- I'm not stopping. I'm loving the fact that I don't crave a weekly cheeseburger anymore ;)
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    wow, maybe see a counselor to discuss these feelings?
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Haha its so perfect that the first one to comment is named "Itsallworthit"

Keep at it and have a little faith. If you aren't getting the results you want, while continuing to exercise regularly, maybe tweak your diet some, and/or switch your routine up.
  • adayada
    adayada Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETLY UNDERSTAND ,, I USE TO BE 412 POUNDS HAD GASTRIC,,WENT TO 165...THEN 5 YEARS WENT BY AND WENT TO 205 ,,NOW IVE BEEN WORKING ON GETTING BACK TO 165,,WELL IM DOWN TO 174..AND I STILL LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND AM NOT HAPPY WITH ME,,,I KNOW ITS A "FIX YOUR HEAD THING BUT ITS NOT AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS. ..FOR A BIG EXAMPLE I HAVE SO MUCH EXTRA SKIN ON MY ARMS AND LEGS THAT I ACTUALLY CRY WHEN I LOOK TO LONG IN THE MIRROR . ITS SOMETHING I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT EXCEPT SURGERY . WHICH IS LOTS OF $$$. BUT MY POINT IS WILL I EVER LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND FEEL GOOD WITHOUT FINDING OR SEEING THE BAD.
    AND TRYING TO TALK TO MY SOON TO BE HUBBY ,,IS SO HARD HE HAS BEEN TALL AND THIN HIS WHOLE LIFE. SO TO TRY TO EXPLAIN HOW I FEEL IS IMPOSSIBLE
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing over the past few weeks. I originally had a set goal for weight at 176, but recently have changed it to have a set goal of 15%BF. I feel like following my BF will help me keep a better grasp on my actual weight and physique. I figure if i'm maintaining that then i'm most likely at a good point for my body. The weight will obviously fluctuate at times, from higher to lower depending on how the workouts and everything is going. That's my cut off point. That's as far as I'll push myself, maybe, I might try for a single digit, but I am well aware that the body is not capable of maintaining that level without rigorous focus.

i guess what i'm saying is that maybe you should set a goal that is not body weight, but something else. one that will be more obtainable and pleasing then trying to go by the number on the scale. From everything that I've read and come across, the only way to get the physique to look the way you may want it too, is to lift often and with some strain.

Good luck. You may not be able to change the way you see yourself in the mirror, but you can change the way you see yourself in the mirror :)
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I feel really guilty whenever I get pumped about being a certain weight, and once I reach it, end up grumbling about it because I can't get past it. I was craving 175 for ages, and now that I'm there, I can barely wait to get down lower, and I worry that will happen once I hit 125, too.