10 Day Lemonade Fast // Trainer

Ok, first of all I just wanted to say that I switched Gyms today. I'm going back to Gold's so I can take my 8 month old with me while my daughter is in school. I tried going really late in the evenings after my husband got home and the kids were settled in for the night, but by then, it was too late. I didn't want to leave the house. Haha.

Even though my younger brother is a trainer at the same Gold's I'm going to, I'm still nervous about meeting with a trainer tomorrow. Lets hope he gives me some great tips as well!

By the way.. Has anyone done the 10 Day Lemonade Fast? I'm interested in it for a couple reasons. First and foremost, cleansing. I've turned over a new leaf when it comes to eating and would like to cleanse my body of the toxins to get a fresh start. Plus, the side effects of this would be a benefit too.. Apparently 10lbs in 10 days.

Please don't comment back saying that it's not a "diet", I know that. I'm not only interested in it for weight loss purposes. I'm just curious how difficult it is to stick too and how the "lemonade" concoction with cayenne pepper actually tastes.

Replies

• nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    i have tried the lemonade "diet" and i thought it was nasty...only tried it once and that was it! i cant workout in the evenings either:laugh: good luck with the trainer!!!
  • oonafey
    oonafey Posts: 42 Member
    I haven't tried it, but it sounds nasty. Good luck!
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    My friend did this and he lost 15 lbs in 10 days BUT he did a lot of praying and spent a lot of money (the maple syrup is not in Walmart you have to go to a natural food store)! Also, it's more than just drinking lemonade bc at night you have to drink seasalt and water (which gives a laxative effect). Even though he saw rapid results he did end up gaining back about 8 lbs out of the 15. Never-the-less I say go for it and good luck....I would try it but with having kids I know I wouldn't be able to commit fully & it would be a waste of my money, time, & efforts :ohwell:

Oh and as for the taste he said it wasn't that great but nothing he couldn't stomach....
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Is this the one that Angelina does?

I don't know a lot about it but my hubby was saying one of his guys at work did this lemonade diet & would bring big jugs of this stuff to work & drink it all day long.

He does it once a year for a cleanse. He looses IDK maybe 15 to 20 lbs.

He's already fit & quite the "looker" I hear:smooched: so if it works for him why not? I was thinking about doing it myself except I like to "chew":laugh:

Good Luck with that:drinker:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    I just a quick google on the lemonade diet. Interesting stuff. Take a look at the link below. This a kind of blog by a guy who did it. I've often thought a cleanse would help me feel better. Maybe over a break (I'm a teacher, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to inflict me on my students during this!) I'll give it a try. If you decide to try it, be sure to let us know how it goes!

http://www.lifetrainingonline.com/blog/welcome-lemonade-diet-readers
  • number7
    number7 Posts: 10 Member
    Please DO NOT do the "lemonade diet"!! I had a friend who did and was miserable. If anything, the most cleansing thing you can do is have a positive and relaxed but honest attitude about yourself. Your body will naturally "cleanse" toxins from your body if you stop consuming them.

Being confident and disciplined in your approach will allow you to train yourself to eat healthier and work out more effectively, without starving yourself trying to live off of sugar water. P.S. , 90% of the weight you may lose will come back once your return to eating real food.
  • i HAVE TRIED THE LEMONADE DIET AND IT IS NOT THE BEST THING AT ALL, IVE TRIED AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT IT CLEANS OUT ALL THE BAD STUFF AND IT ALSO CLEANSES THINGS YOU NEED, IN ADDITION, EVERYDAY IT RECOMENDED THAT YOU DRINK A GLASS OF WATER WITH SEA SALT IN IT. i TRIED IT AND NEVER AGAIN!!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    I would think your body needs "real" nourishment especially for hard workouts!!
  • Thanks for all of the feedback! I'm still not sure about it. I'll probably try it, but as for whether or not I can stick with something like that.. Hmm!

I read that you could drink a hot tea laxative instead of the sea salt mix, so that may be ok. We'll see. If/When I try this, I'll definitely post about it! haha