Fall recipes :)

Options
I don't bake much, but would like to start. Since it's fall, and halloween is coming I was thinking everyone could post their favorite halloween/fall recips, preferably with nutritional info. Since I don't bake or cook much, I don't have any favorite recipes lol or else I would post some. Thanks everyone :) Looking forward to seeing all the yummy healthy recipes!!

Replies

• blakgarnet
    Options
    do a search for pumpkin spice cupcakes and apple cake. both have been posted recently and are excellent
  • MeganFex
    Options
    will do :) Thanks
  • RHarter0710
    Options
    I made this for my 8 yr old who can't resist treats... but hates healthy stuff. He LOVED them. The calorie content and what not is at the bottom. And they really help with the sweet tooth without loading on the insane amount of fat and calories that you get from store bought ones. I'll post some other recipes that I've gotten here later for you. This is the only one I could find short notice since I'm at work.

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 16 minutes
    Ingredients:
    2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    3/4 cup Splenda
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1 egg, lightly beaten
    1 cup nonfat milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.

Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 16-18 minutes.

Yield 12 muffins.

Each muffin: Calories 142, Calories from Fat 28, Total Fat 4.9g (sat 2.5), Cholesterol 17mg, Sodium 143mg, Carbohydrates 27.1, Fiber 3.1g, Protein 4.2g

Enjoy!

Edit: If you'd like to cut the fat even more, use two egg whites, instead of 1 egg. And you can reduce the amount of salt added to 1/8 tspn. It comes out tasting the same.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Here's a good fall recipe, but I like to eat it year round:

Veggie Chili:
    Ingredients:
    rainbow bell peppers
    zucchini
    yellow squash
    potatoes
    kidney beans
    corn
    diced tomatoes
    spaghetti sauce

Bring large of water to boil. Meanwhile chop/dice/cube/slice potatoes, squash, zucchini, and bell peppers. Throw in pot, add kidney beans. Allow to boil until potatoes are soft. Drain, return to pot. Add corn, diced tomatoes, and sauce, cook until warm. Top with cheddar, sour cream, salsa, and all your favorite chili fixins. Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread. Browned, drained ground beef may be added to recipe if desired.
    Enjoy!
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    this isn't really a "baking" recipe, but i've been adding about 1/4 of a cup of pumpkin (pure pumpkin from the can, not pumpkin pie mix) to my oatmeal (plain) in the morning with some splenda and cinnamon. Only adds 25 calories but makes my breakfast so much more yummy and filling!
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    Em-

love the idea of putting pumpkin in oatmeal!! I will have to try that!
  • MeganFex
    Options
    Thank you so much!! and yes that sounds yummy, pumpkin in oatmeal :) THANKS :D I really appreciate it everyone!