Healthy Nacho Recipe

Options
Hi there, i really want nachos but i need a healthy recipe to cook. Anyone got any recipes please??

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    maybe subsitute chips and instead do thin slices of zucchini or carrots? use plain non-fat greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and add tomatoes, green onion, cilantro as "salsa" on top. that's the only healthy way i can imagine nachos.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you do want chips with your nachos, you can buy corn tortillas from any grocery store, cut them up, and bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes to a crisp. I usually season a bit with red chilli powder and italian seasoning for a kick and they actually taste really good. Better than the fried stuff that I used to buy.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If you do want chips with your nachos, you can buy corn tortillas from any grocery store, cut them up, and bake them in the oven for 8-10 minutes to a crisp. I usually season a bit with red chilli powder and italian seasoning for a kick and they actually taste really good. Better than the fried stuff that I used to buy.

that sounds really yummy! :smile:
  • chickiebabe2
    Options
    thank you, i definitely have to do the chips they definitely sound yummy. God it shocks me how many calories this yummy food has, i love nachos but haven't had them all year.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    - Substitute the ground meat with ground veggie crumbles
    - low fat cheese, sparingly (yes I know, that's the worst part)
    - FF sour cream
    - skip the guac and the beans
    - Salsa!
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I made some with some nice quality steak (very lean, fat trimmed off) minced at the butcher, corn tortillas oven baked (as mentioned below), Chobani 0% fat Greek Yoghurt, fresh kidney beans instead of canned, bell pepper, jalapeno and topped off with spanish onion, coriander, home made guacamole and salsa. Basically just made it from scratch including spices for the meat instead of using store bought seasonings and stuff. While it's not super duper healthy, it's definitely more nutritious and forgiving than a take away bowl of nachos or using packet stuff.
  • ameliasmummy11
    Options
    I made vegetarian ones a couple of months ago! Tinned tomatoes, chunky onions, beans, guacamole and light sour cream! :wink: