Question for the ladies

So, I've started jogging recently and I keep getting wedgies! What's the best kind of undies to wear when jogging, or heck, for any kind of exercise?

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    I wear spandex boy shorts. They didn't ride up for me. But since I've lost weight on my bum they seem to be doing the wedgie thing too. Apparently I need to go to the store and get me some new undies
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Buy running leggings and don't bother with pants as well. (for those of you from USA in england pants=knickers not trousers!)
  • SteakGirl
    SteakGirl Posts: 9
    I had the same problem, and I didn't want to spend $25 and up on the athletic undies you see in the sporting good stores. Then I stumbled upon a store I had never been to called Soma Intimates. Their undies have some type of material on the edge of the "cheek" area that hold them in place. Another bonus is that they are seamless, so no panty lines ever. They are so nice that I've thrown out most of my other undies and have purchased several more pairs. I do kickboxing, jog, workout videos, etc. and these never creep! You can go online and place an order if you don't have a store near you. They have good sales and a variety of cuts such as high waist, hipster, bikini, etc. Good luck!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Wear thongs and gstrings. You can't get a wedgie if you already have one.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    People have said boyshorts are good for working out.

I just wear normal underwear with fitted tights on top.. Can't really go anywhere if there is something pressing down on them!
  • I actually don't usually wear underwear when I work out...is that weird? I just can't stand the wedgies! I usually just wear leggings, yoga pants or tight shorts. Or if I do wear underwear, it's a soft thong, but that's what I wear every day so I guess it's not workout specific. Sorry this response is completely useless...:flowerforyou:
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Running shorts with compression shorts underneath eliminate the need for undies.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Ha i do the same. I hate underwear
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 492 Member
    I wear big knickers!!! :laugh:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I wear boy shorts, Haven't had the wedgie problem yet
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Buy running leggings and don't bother with pants as well. (for those of you from USA in england pants=knickers not trousers!)

Agreed - camando under leggins to keep my thighs from starting a fire with the rubbing together.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    I don't wear underwear when I run. Running shorts have a built-in liner usually. And if I'm wearing tights I just don't wear anything underneath. Problem solved!
  • christinastokes3
    christinastokes3 Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with the thong theory. If going that route make sure there is stretch in the back so they can move with you.
  • kathyrazz
    kathyrazz Posts: 52 Member
    Commando or thongs work for me!
  • LittleTurnip
    LittleTurnip Posts: 7 Member
    Wear thongs and gstrings. You can't get a wedgie if you already have one.

This made me LOL. But, I have to agree, that is my choice of underwear for running (and everything else)
  • fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    I wear the spandex bike-style shorts and you can go without panties on those. In fact, I wear them over my bathing suit, or with a tankini top to swim. (I have a problem with my backside/upper thighs and need to keep them covered.) So underwear isn't even necessary.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Probably the best method has already been mentioned but none--a good pair of spandex workout shorts will eliminate the need. If you are biking and get specific bike shorts they even have a panel that makes them more comfortable in the saddle.
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    I recently started jogging too and had the same problem. I went to the Nike outlet and bought a few pairs of running shorts with the built in liner. They are wonderful and I wear them for all my workouts now!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 653 Member
    Hanes cotton boy shorts.. love'em.. won't ride up or give u a wedge
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Can't you just wear thongs so then you already have a wedgie to start?? :)