Tired of being fat

Options
Hello all!

Been signed up for a long time but never really put any effort in, but now my health is in jeopardy and i really want to take up some martial arts again but I'm just too overweight for it at the minute also my whole career is changing and now would be the best time to start all this so here goes... best foot forward and all.

Definitely need motivation though, i always fall down because there's no one to really keep me on track

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you follow the goals set for you and eat as healthy as you can you will do it. It's all up to you. :flowerforyou: Welcome and good luck.
  • jskill88
    jskill88 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome! I'm with you. I have only been seriously tracking my food for 12 days now, but I have lost 5 pounds. I haven't really ventured into the forums or blogs much only because I don't have insane amounts of time for that kind of thing. However you might look under the "groups" link under the "community" tab and look for a group that matches your interests and join in with people that you have something in common with. This will help with accountability and motivation. Good Luck!
  • nancyki
    nancyki Posts: 46
    Options
    Keep checking back for motivation when you feel weak. This is a great tool for monitoring yourself and developing an awareness about eating. I often find myself just "putting something in my mouth" without awareness - but not now! Good luck. Eat a lot of protein to keep your hunger pangs down!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Good for you. As for exercise, could you try T'ai chi?
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated!! U can do it if u stay focused. U have to do this for yourself. Good luck, and dont give up!:smile:
  • MrsJaimeW
    MrsJaimeW Posts: 54
    Options
    The first step is realizing that you need the help, and you're logging in so that's great! Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    join the crew m8, its just 1 big battle, but so far...we are winnin =)
  • davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    Good for you. As for exercise, could you try T'ai chi?

I do like t'ai chi, its just slow karate right! lol

i used to do karate and judo a long time ago (judo before i dislocated my knee and karate after - until it slipped out during training, that hurt a lot!)
  • graceb226
    Options
    I am the same way

I actually am almost a blackbelt in mixed martial arts, it is great exercise!

I just need to stop eating! Lol