This used to be easy

Options
I know they say weight loss and easy don't go together but up until now it didn't seem hard. I lost 6 lbs more than my goal and it never felt like a struggle. But these past couple weeks have been rough and I'm just trying to maintain. I used to love going to the gym but I detest it...along with water, I've totally started to hate water. The more I try to drink it the less I actually do. So I thought if I did this it might help. I've been on MFP for months and love it. I read what everyone else writes but have never contributed so thought I'd give it a shot

Replies

• hscharre
    Options
    I understand going through a period of not liking the gym...but it is a bit concerning that you hate water right now. Could your body be hating water because you don't have enough salts in your diet? Hyponutrimia often feels like dehydration but is actually the opposite problem: your body does not have enough good salts to retain the water that it needs. Have you tried a 50/50 or 25/75 mix of gatorade and water? Perhaps that would go down a bit easier. Don't get down on yourself for maintaining...maybe look for a new aerobics class or workout routine or find a partner to help with the boredom. But definitely stay hydrated and see a doctor if you cannot. Best to you.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!:drinker: I don't know what to tell you about the gym. (I live in the middle of nowhere, so all my exercise is done at home.) As for the water, I like to use the crystal light drink mixes when I start to feel that way. They have 0 calories and taste really good.:drinker:

Good luck in figuring it out!
  • racermom
    Options
    I cannot have aspartame, so diet drinks are out of the question. However I have found some homemade "gatorade" recipes that help take my water in. 9 Tbls sugar, 3/8 tsp table salt and 1 packet of unsweetened koolaid, any flavor. Mix with 60 oz. of water, or vary the amt of water to your taste. Hope this helps:smile:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I add a splash of a sugar free syrup like they use in coffee to my water. It helps it do down easier and at a little over $4 for a big bottle, it's a lot cheaper than bottled or flavored water.
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Some days are harder than others. I wish I had some grand wisdom to offer you but all I have is encouragement - you achieved your weight goal - that's awesome!!! I have no doubt you can maintain it. It's a moment by moment, day by day thing.

Hang in there!

:flowerforyou: