Sick of the chunkiness

Options
My name is Crystal, I'm 20 years old and I am very obese. I don't like the way I am and now I'm doing something about. It's hard to find motivation for losing weight, my family is very large and they don't care what they eat so it's hard to stay focussed. I'm trying to get into my dream job, but that requires a high level of fitness ... which I don't have at the moment ... so here goes to trying to change that. I will say that the exercise I am getting better at, but the eating healthy is still getting me down. Hopefully with enough support I can past that and get myself a new and much healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the step toward being who you want to be! Its going to be really hard when you're in an environment that is not supportive, but if you're prepared to really take responsibility for yourself, then you can do it! Hope you're willing to do your own grocery shopping and cook your own food, cause that will be what it comes down to I imagine. Stay focused and stick to it! It gets easier as you go.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    You have made a positive first step in taking chage of your health. This is YOUR life and future. Welcome to MFP!
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You have made a positive first step in taking chage of your health. This is YOUR life and future. Welcome to MFP!
    You are very brave, you have made a great step in the right direction, and i know you will get allot of support here on these forums.
    Good luck :smile:
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Now is the time to get going on your program and your environment will be a challenge because you will not get support from people who do not value health and fitness. Use the calorie counter here at MFP, it is such a useful tool and even if you have trouble staying within your calories just keep checking in every day. Evercise is important but the main culprit is overeating or eating the wrong foods, remember that calorie laden drinks can be a problem. Drink water - your body needs that and sometimes a person mistakes thirst for hunger. Good luck with your program.
  • SoulsGirl
    SoulsGirl Posts: 10
    Options
    I understand how you feel because some of what you said really rings home for me. Iv always wanted to do something about my weight but i felt like i never truly had it in me. Support plays a big role but not as big as your role in this. I honestly believe that we as human beings with will only do something to our full capacity if we truly want it. And i mean TRULY. Like anything whether it be saving money for something special or quitting a bad habit like smoking, it's only going to happen if we want it. So you need to sit down with yourself and ask every part of your body, most importantly your heart and your brain to find out if you truly want this or your content to stay with your current way of life. If you want it, it will happen. It will be hard but the most rewarding and satisfying thing you'll ever do for yourself.

You've nothing to lose but weight. So what are you weighting... for?

23866391.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Zachnigel
    Zachnigel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have started down this road , again.... Don't get discouraged with small slips. Don't give up if you aren't perfect to your plan daily. Your self talk is important start everyday with I can do it today! You may find it helpful to calculate the portion size of some favorite foods. You can eat anything you just need to know how much. It gets easier with time and you will discover you will want to choose a larger portion of something healthier than 15 chips for the same calories! Track everything, it will help you eat less and see results of your choices good and not so good. Good luck you can do it, it takes time hang in there and celebrate the small victories.
  • sydniSch
    sydniSch Posts: 3
    Options
    I know how you feel! Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in my fat! Glad you are here on MFP! I know for me it is small steps and slow results. I didn't get like this overnight and it's not going to change overnight. Any change you make for the better even small will have great impact in the way you feel. Welcome aboard!
  • Hams9191
    Hams9191 Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks everyone :) i do my own food shopping but then the laziness kicks in and i get stuff that doesn't take too long to make (which is always that fatty stuff) and i work full-time so that doesn't help. Im starting to pack food for work now (instead of buying food there) so im taking my little baby steps :)