Hi There

Options
Hello everyone,
I am new here, and would like to just say that myfitnesspal website is simply awesome. A tool to really help me embark on my journey to weight loss. I am 5'4" and weigh 245lbs. I started exercising and watching my diet (i.e. counting calorie intake) the past 2 months, and have successfully lost 20lbs :)

Looking forward to more little by little success, because, for me, sustaining the weight loss is the key!

Good luck everyone.

Replies

• daywater
    Options
    You're on your way! Remember, it's a lifestyle change..not a diet or a short term thing. I am 5'2 and started at 255. I am 176 (ish) ....go btween 175 and 178 lately. I don't know why I always fluctuate between 2-3 pounds depending on the time of day but I've learned to deal with it and not stress. But please know that you will have bad days and bad weeks but the goal is to always believe in yourself and don't let one bad day ruin multiples days worth of hard work, dedication and resistance. Remember to love yourself and be patient with yourself! We did not put all this weight on in a day :flowerforyou:

140137.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

This is a great place with a lot of helpful tools and wonderful people to help you along your journey.
    Take it one day at a time
    Take baby steps
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Drink a lot of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

It helps me to log my food ahead of time so there are no surprises :laugh: :laugh:

Find a group or a challenge to be part of and check in with them every day.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good job at losing the 20 pounds! This is an awesome site and I truly think if you follow the guidelines of logging all that you eat and stay in the calorie limit, drink your water and exercise you will be seeing more success!! best wishes and keep logging
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Thank you friends :)

You are right, we didnt pack on the excess weight overnight. Losing weight will also not happen overnight (although most of us are still waiting for that miracle pill), LOL.

Having said that, I truly enjoy this new and healthier lifestyle I got going for myself. In fact, I talk about health foods and exercise all the time, I finally got my hubby to join me in this journey as well.

It's important to get support - friend, sibling or family - they can keep you motivated and stay on top of your goal.

Good luck to everyone :)

289746.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter