Not results

Options
Hi. I have been working out at the gym for a month and I have been with myfitnesspal for 15 days... I have only lost 7 lbs in that entire time. I have been working my butt off and this week I have not lost any weight! I am frustrated, but not giving up. I am just looking for some advice. Thank you

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    7lbs in a month is great! You shouldn't aim to lose more than 1-2lbs a week as anything faster just isn't sustainable. Slow and steady wins the race - keep it up!
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary up and let people see how you are eating and amount of calories you are exercising back it would help. The long and short of it is it takes a calorie deficit of 3500 calories under your maintenance calorie intake to lose 1 lb. That being said, you have to eat enough to keep your body satisfied with the daily energy requirement to be sure you do not starve it, which makes it store extra fat.

But ultimately 2 lbs. per week is probably a good pace to lose, so sounds like you are on pace - keep it up!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been working out at the gym for a month and I have been with myfitnesspal for 15 days... I have only lost 7 lbs in that entire time. I have been working my butt off and this week I have not lost any weight! I am frustrated, but not giving up. I am just looking for some advice. Thank you

It could be ANYTHING! Women have cycles to contend with too. It could just be fluid retention from working out or your monthly cycle is nearby. Real life isn't "Biggest Loser" where you will see a loss (especially a big loss) every single week. Celebrate the fact that most people do not lose 7 lbs in one short month... so congratulations! :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    7lbs is a good rate of loss. Relax. You didn't put it on in a day, it's not going to come off in a day.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    "ONLY" 7 pounds. That's a great loss for a month! I wouldn't try to lose more than that.

Also keep in mind that almost everyone has a larger loss when they start, then it slows down. Most people also run into plateaus along the way where they go some time without any loss. I've plateaued for the last month so don't worry about 1 week.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    7 lbs is great. A lot of times when we begin to lose weight, water comes off first- your body is probably not losing right now because it's catching up. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP 331 days ago and I've lost 33.1 lb.
    7 lb in a month is great!