How many of you actually make out a weekly menu in advance?

Options
Just wondering if it would help me to be more organized and know ahead of time what I will be eating for the day.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Every week. I shop once per week. Now just because it says we're having chicken on Tuesday doesn't mean that it has to be on Tuesday. But I have all the stuff to make the meals on the list.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Usually two weeks in advance-ish. Sometimes I'll go a month and sometimes I wait till the last minute. >.< I post em here if you need ideas: rillsmenu.com
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I make mine in advance. Helps me to make sure I am getting all of my nutrients and it's more economical to plan meals at one time.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I plan a week in advance too. We have online grocery shopping with delivery here in my area.... so it's pretty easy to make a plan and shop with that in mind.
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I plan for two weeks in advance. But I make pretty large batches so it all usually lasts for about three weeks. Means I go grocery shopping twice a month, and that saves me sooo much time, and all the planning saves me money. We (my boyfriend and I) spend about 200 dollars on food per month, and we eat healthy and extremely varying foods.
    But I started out with planning one week in advance.
    And yes, I'm very interested in foods and cooking :)
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I plan a week in advance and shop once a week too. I keep a list on the computer setup in the order of sections at my grocery and on the side I have a little box that has the menu plan for the week. Works pretty good, and like @42kgirl said the plan doesn't have to be followed exactly but at least I have everything on hand.
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    I plan out all my meals and shop weekly. I used to just do a big shopping trip once every few weeks, but that was when I was fat and all my food would rot before I got to it ;^)