Just sharing

Options
I've decided, instead of trying to lose 110 pounds, I would make smaller goals. Of course the idea came from other MFP users (thanks btw). Currently I've lost ten, and have 25 to go. I decided that 25 pounds at a time would do the trick. That way as my ticker moves I can see plain as day that I am indeed making progress...one pound at a time. With the exception of this first goal, which is to lose 35 pounds all together. So far so good! Hope this works...motivation is a powerful thing.

Just thought I'd share!

ALC

178464.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Sometimes the huge number can seem kind of daunting.

Good luck!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Great suggestion!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Oh...and CONGRATULATIONS!! Your success is also inspiring!!
  • kimberjones
    Options
    Small goals sometimes seem easier to achieve because you reach them faster and it's less discouraging seeing 'how much farther' you have to go. Good choice! Keep working hard!

You can do it!!! Yay for you!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I set my goals up small for the same reason. I think it helped me meet my goal early; I had been so excited to reach each goal that it motivated me to keep going!

Oh, remember to celebrate your achievements. Not with a tub of Haagen Dazs, though! :grumble: Pat yourself on the back for meeting each goal to help you along. Personally, I don't reset my ticker until I've actually met my goal. It forces me to be grateful for the work I've done.

Congrats on your amazing work!

126046.png
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I agree.

I break mine up in little peices. My next goal is to get to 286, which would be halfway. It would also mean that I have lost 50 lbs in a calender year....and it's only 7 lbs away.

One problem I'm having is I'm starting to get cocky with myself. Yeah, I can do this. I've lost 43 lbs, I've got the hang of this. That's when a start to slip a little bit. So I change my perspective. I now think: "You're 57 lbs over weight you freaking fatass." Yeah, not so socky now, huh.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I like this way of thinking. I set my goals up for every ten pounds. I started at 227. I am now at 194, and my goal is to get into the 180's:flowerforyou: