Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My baby's first birthday cake!

Werglum
Werglum Posts: 378 Member
Hi all,
I just finished making my baby's birthday cake (she turns 1 on Tuesday, but is having a party tomorrow - or rather today as it has just ticked over past midnight). My family is all asleep so I have no one to show it to. :sad:
It is a chocolate mud cake filled and iced with dark chocolate ganache then covered with rolled fondant icing.
Just in case it isn't obvious - it is supposed to be Little Miss Sunshine (from the Mr Men books). My baby is the happiest little girl and is truly a ray of sunshine herself.

DSCN2054-1.jpg

Replies

• Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    And from behind:

DSCN2055-1.jpg
  • MicheleTh
    MicheleTh Posts: 31 Member
    Great Job on the cake mom!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    My kids love the Mr. Men books and the show. That is a FAB cake! You did a beautiful job!! And it sounds delish! Happy B-day to your little one! Hope she (and you) have a beautiful day!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Oh that's great, so much work and detail... well done :)
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    That's amazing!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    oh how adorable!!! Happy Birthday little one!!!!!!!!!!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    You did a great job on that cake!!
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Awww!! That is awesome!! I'm sure the birthday girl (and the rest of the family) will love it, too!! :happy: You're very talented, btw!!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Nice work - it looks beautiful and happy birthday to your little one! I also bake and decorate cakes...fortunately I don't eat much cake otherwise it would be disastrous for my diet!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    That's beautiful! And very happy birthday to your little girl. :D
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    That is so cute! Great job! :smile:
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Wow! That is beautiful cake. There are many bakeries that would not have done half so good a job with it. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday :)
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    That is beautiful! I hope you do that professionally; if you don't, you should! Congratulations on your baby girl's first birthday too. We recently celebrated our granddaughter's first birthday. That child makes my heart sing!!! Children are such a blessing.
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Wow! Very nice! Great work! Hope the day is splendid! Happy birthday wishes to your little one!
  • Jme2012
    Jme2012 Posts: 106 Member
    Its SOOO beautiful! great job!:smile:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Looks fantastic and sounds DELICIOUS!

Enjoy the day and don't forget to enjoy the CAKE!
  • OMG, that is so cute. =)
  • shaymo10
    shaymo10 Posts: 134 Member
    Super-cute! You are very talented!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    You did a beautiful job, so cute!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    WOW..great job!! looks professional! :D