Any Weight Watchers Members Out There?

Options
Are you a Weight Watchers member? I am a lifetime member, but over the last 2 years, I've gained 30 lbs. back. I've been going to meetings here and there, but I just cannot stay motivated until the last few days. I love MFP because it's really been motivating me lately. So I'm hoping with the WW meetings and MFP, I can lose the weight that I've gained and keep it off forever.

Replies

• MRSDiDYTCH
    Options
    I have thought about trying it but i tasted i mean and i thought it was gross lol. My doctor doesnt want me to start doing a certain diet he just wants me to watch my portion sizes which is very hard to do. So i was thinking of doing weight watchers. I just need to do something i have to lose thisweight!!!
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am!

I have no problem looking for support and accountability anywhere I can find it. I love the ease of this website/app and there's something to be said about the anonymity involved, but I'm a PEOPLE PERSON! I go to the meetings for face to face interaction and a calibrated scale and the accountability of weighing in at least once a week, good or bad!
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am! I do this and track my points. The two together, you cannot go wrong! The continuous support is incredible!
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm doing the WW online, does that count?
    :drinker:
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sure WW online counts if it works for you. When I first started WW 3 years ago, the same people would go to every single class, and we all loved the teacher. Alot of us met our goals close together, and it was just so much fun. Eventually our WW teacher quit for personal reasons, and alot of us were shocked and scared that we wouldn't keep our weight off. Alot of the original members never returned, and more would drop out here and there. My daughter and myself are the only original members that still attend from time to time. Each week the class attendance is getting lighter and lighter. I do love the WW plan, and I am going to stick to the meetings, and I think MFP will really keep me motivated. Over the past 2 days, I've met alot of awesome people who are very dedicated to exercise and weightloss, and I really think I am going to lose my weight this time and keep it off for life. Good luck to everyone.
  • Mary831331
    Options
    Sounds good. I was hoping that WW and MFP would do the trick. Congrats on your weightloss. Forty-four lbs. is alot of weight to lose!
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    I want to start attending the meetings once in a while to get some questions answered. Got a boost of confidence from a leader of a different meeting leader so I will see how it goes.

Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • annetteward3
    annetteward3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW have been for 18weeks and have lost 14.1kg :) i find it awesome and the weight loss may be little amounts but it all adds up!!!! I love how simple it is and that it's a lifestyle change more then anything!!! My husband has lost weight and my kids have lost a little and eating healthier and trying more foods.
  • 121071cas
    121071cas Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing WW for 18 months and lost the first 90 lbs but since Feb it has been up 1, down 1 same vicious cycle so I decided to switch to counting calories about 12 days ago. I love(d) WW until we had major leader changes and the support changed. I am stilling going to meetings to make sure I am accountable but using MFP for my food diary. I am feeling a bit more in control now and the change has helped me breakthrough the same 1 lb gain/loss cycle. WW changed my life and MFP will help me maintain it!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a Lifetimer too. I lost 100 pounds with WW. I soon found out losing it was the easy part..keeping it off now there is the problem.
    I got down to my goal weight of 122 from 222. It took me a few years but i did it. Now i would like to stay around 125. Right now i am at 137.
    I started going back to my meetings a few weeks ago. It helps keep me on track..
  • amyliz0226
    amyliz0226 Posts: 37
    Options
    Just cancelled my weight watchers online last week. I lost 35 lbs on it about 5 years ago, It WORKS!!! And I loved it! But just couldn't get motivated to get back on it. So I thought I would try something new. I do love MFP:)
  • calvarado58
    Options
    what is MFP?
  • fatgirlslim32
    fatgirlslim32 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    amyliz - thats exactly how I am! Plus 0pointed food.... Telling me I can eat as much of something as I like is just a bad idea.

Calvarado - MFP = My Fitness Pal. :)
  • Mary831331
    Options
    Vanessa: I totally agree with you. Losing it was the easy part, and maintaining the weight is the hardest. How awesome that you lost 100 lbs.!!! I bet that makes you feel soooooooooo much better. Keep up the good work!!
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request. I'm lifetime not at goal!
  • michsunshine
    michsunshine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I am a new weight watcher member, however, had trouble counting points and all the logging of food. I found I was eating too much of the wrong type of food. This program is absolutely awesome. I don't have to assign points to food and it tells me if I am getting say too many carbs, too much sugar, etc. It has really helped me to balance out my diet. Recording the food is sooo easy on my iphone and ipad. I will continue to go to WW meetings and weigh in and get the emotional support until I feel confident that my weight is going down. However, I am not going to do the WW on line and log in my points. I will come back in a month and let you know how it all works out for me. Signed: Soo tired of being fat.
  • cinfull360
    cinfull360 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ^^ This ^^
    I was a member of WW a couple of years ago and it worked, but it it is was hard to maintain. MFP seems more realistic and easier to track. I REALLY like the nutrition tracking through MFP. That is a bonus not only for those who are trying to lose weight, but those who just need to assess and track how they are doing with sugars and proteins, etc. Love this site!
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    I was a WW member from 2002 to 2007 and lost 95 lbs before life smacked me in the face and things fell apart. Stress took over and I struggled from 2007 to last year when I finally decided to do something about all the weight I gained back. I felt like I had paid WW enough money and I learned whatever they had to teach me so I don't pay them anymore even though I am still using the skills I they taught me. I learned from WW that I cannot just eat whatever and not track everything I put in my mouth. I also learned that support is very important.

A few of my WW buddies from the web site recommended I try using MFP for extra help in tracking, so here I am!
  • snugs435
    snugs435 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Trying MFP because I am having a hard time with WW online. Need to get myself back inline. The 0 points thing is getting out of hand for me and I want to eat quality, not qty of points anymore. We'll see, but so far I like this app a lot better.
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    Trying MFP because I am having a hard time with WW online. Need to get myself back inline. The 0 points thing is getting out of hand for me and I want to eat quality, not qty of points anymore. We'll see, but so far I like this app a lot better.

See, after WW changed their point calculating system, that's when I decided not to go back. I still can't wrap my brain around FREE fruit! I get that they were trying to encourage people to eat more good for you foods and less empty calories & sugar, but I never had a problem eating fruit and I also resented the fact that certain indulgences went drastically up in points after they tweaked their calculations.