to drink or not to drink that is the question?

Options
delmc1
delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
right folks off out to meet friends in a bar .i said i was not going to have a beer but the wife says a few wont hurt me.
leave a yes or no .you have 90 minutes from now .most votes win

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm an 80/20 kind of person. As long as you eat right 80% of the time, 20% of "fun" is ok. One night with a few drinks is fine. If it's every night, it's probably not so fine.
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes--I didn't know there was another option :happy:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    YES! - Your wife is right, one or two won't hurt you, you should enjoy your time with your friends!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm an 80/20 kind of person. As long as you eat right 80% of the time, 20% of "fun" is ok. One night with a few drinks is fine. If it's every night, it's probably not so fine.

I'm with you on this!
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options

I'm with you on this!
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Can you drink one without wanting more? It's a matter of self control, if you have it do it.
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    Drink! You know you want to!
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    I'll be different and vote "no." If originally you weren't going to, then stick with that.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you want it, have it. If you're going to wake up in the morning and regret it and feel awfully guilty, then don't.

There's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun and a few drinks now and then, as long as you're not doing it everyday, but at the same time you should only do it if you really want to, not just because the situation calls for it and you're most likely to beat yourself up about it later.
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What do you usually drink?
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    I save my calories so i can drink during the weekend i drink JD which is 55 calories per 25ml shot so depending on how many cals you have left will determin how much you can drink (if you dogo over dont stress make up for it tomorrow)
  • FearTheFool
    Options
    The advice I've always heard is Alcohol then a pint/large glass of water after. Helps keep the calories in check, counts as your water for the day, reduces drunken-ness and helps the hangover the next day!
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on a few drinks tonight. GO KINGS GO!
  • delmc1
    Options
    Can you drink one without wanting more? It's a matter of self control, if you have it do it.
    you can never have 1
  • delmc1
    Options
    I save my calories so i can drink during the weekend i drink JD which is 55 calories per 25ml shot so depending on how many cals you have left will determin how much you can drink (if you dogo over dont stress make up for it tomorrow)
    my kind of drink jd is king
  • delmc1
    Options
    What do you usually drink?
    pint of guiness,180cals per pint
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Drink! You know you want to!

Exactly! :drinker:
  • delmc1
    Options
    the yes vote wins and now i know jd is only 55 cals i shall enjoy a few
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was downing the vodka last night and woke up a few pounds lighter... Alcohol doesn't hurt but drink in moderation.... Have fun:)
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Just have fun. What is life without it!