Nurses! When your at work....

Options
Hi Guys!

I am a nurse. My background is CVICU. I have just recently started working in PACU. My dilemma is fighting hunger during my 12.5 hour shift. What do you guys do to fight hunger? I find myself hungry during the later hours of my shift, when I still have about 6 hours left before getting off. I pack healthy /quick snacks that I stuff down in the medication room from time to time, yet I am still hungry. My goal would be to not eat anything after I get off, which is usually around 8:30 at night. Im thinking about increasing my protein in a major way! Either during breakfast or during my lunch time. Im just curious if anyone else has this problem. If so, what the heck do you do to keep hunger at a minimum? Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• hips2lose
    hips2lose Posts: 9
    Options
    I know that fiber is supposed to stay in your stomach longer, so that would be a good choice for a snack. I'm not sure if you would want to eat this, but I use Fiber-One 90 calorie bars, to keep me full while in 4 hour classes!