Healthy goal weight?

Options
Hi everyone.
I need your help.
I am really short. like 156 cm. that should be about 5'2 i think.
and I'm trying to set a healthy not to small goal weight. but its hard.
I would love to be able to tell people I weigh 50 kilos (110 ibs) but it feels very little. so what do you think?

what are your goals? and how tall are you?

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    I need your help.
    I am really short. like 156 cm. that should be about 5'2 i think.
    and I'm trying to set a healthy not to small goal weight. but its hard.
    I would love to be able to tell people I weigh 50 kilos (110 ibs) but it feels very little. so what do you think?

what are your goals? and how tall are you?

Also 5'2 and I started at 142lbs and my first goal was 118lbs. My second is 115lbs. But I'm stuck at 118-119lbs. But I think I'll stay at 115 if I ever get there
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1.8in - my goal weight is 120lbs.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    I am 5'2" right now at 181, but my goal is 130.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and my goal is 110 lbs. But I have been stuck at 115-117 for about 6 months. I am pushing this month to get down there, but if I don't make it then I will be happy with where I am now. Good luck to you!
    Started at 150
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I weigh 114. I am happy between 110 and 115.
  • MementoSomniare
    MementoSomniare Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3''. My goal weight is between 115 and 120.

I think 110 is a fine goal for your height. Just try not to stick STRICTLY to the number when you're nearing the target because maybe it to happens that you will be happier with your figure at a few lbs over. :)

Good luck!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I weigh 114. I am happy between 110 and 115.

Same for me.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I think when I don't have to much fat around my middle...I will be at my final goal. I think about 122 pounds I'm 5'5"
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    i think im 5'7 my goal is 118
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 120.
  • applepig96
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 125
  • cjeanthiele
    Options
    I am 5' 8' so my personal experience is less relevant -- but my daughter is 5' 2" and looked and felt good around 115 lbs - she did a little modeling at 110 ( remember that you look a little heavier in pictures). Anything below that started to look gaunt, and she reported being exhausted.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5'4" and GW is 130, but I'm getting more muscular, so now I'll probably go into maintenance at 135 as long as I can keep the belly fat off.

I'm considering switching my goal away from weight and to body fat percentage of 23% (started at 32%, at 26-27% now).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, my goal is 140. Right in the middle of healthy weight for my height. Any less i think would make me look ill.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    5'4" and GW is 130, but I'm getting more muscular, so now I'll probably go into maintenance at 135 as long as I can keep the belly fat off.

I'm considering switching my goal away from weight and to body fat percentage of 23% (started at 32%, at 26-27% now).

I think body fat% is the best way to pick a goal for you. I'm 5'3.5" so if I were random guessing, 130 or below would seem reasonable. However if I do the math, that would put me below 14% body fat... Hardly sustainable, if even attainable without a strict bodybuilding diet. So I'm aiming for 134. Currently 140.5 (can't seem to get into the damn 130s), and it seems right... I don't think I have 10 pounds more to lose, but prob around 5.

http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm does the math for you if you have a guesstimate of body fat % (calipers are best, but could use a bia scale or measurements to get a guess
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'3" and I'm aiming to be 140 pounds. 50 pounds down, 50 to go! :D
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    156CM is more like 5'1 and a half.

You can really only go on what's right for you.

If you're going by BMI your "healthy" weight range is anywhere from 100lbs to 134lbs, but it depends on your body type. If you do it healthily and it's suited for your body, then yes, 110lbs would be a healthy weight for your height.

I'm 5'3 and a half, currently 130lbs and aiming for 112 - 119lbs, depending on how I feel when I get there. I'm bang-smack in the middle of small and medium build, so that sort of weight range is acceptable for me. however if I was larger built, it wouldn't be.

The best thing to do is find out what kind of body frame you are:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz

That'll tell you where is safe to aim for in terms of weight. If you're small framed, you can aim for the low end of the 'healthy' weight for your height, if you're medium build, aim for the middle, if you're large build, aim for the top.