Today is my cheat day...should I...

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Cheat? :laugh:

I am in the mood for a big fat juicy cheeseburger with french fries. Like the kind of burger that sticks to your ribs.

Normally on my cheat days I don't go overboard. I have one thing that I want and it is usually not an entire meal. I didn't eat all of my calories yesterday for some reason and i'm really craving this today. Whatyasay? Should I do it? :sad:

Replies

• lina1131
    Options

I am in the mood for a big fat juicy cheeseburger with french fries. Like the kind of burger that sticks to your ribs.

Normally on my cheat days I don't go overboard. I have one thing that I want and it is usually not an entire meal. I didn't eat all of my calories yesterday for some reason and i'm really craving this today. Whatyasay? Should I do it? :sad:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Have the burger, but only 1/2. :wink: (and send me the rest!) :bigsmile:
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    do it! you deserve it!
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Do it!!!! but do half. Eat half the bread and if you are cooking make a smaller burger. and most of all eat half the fries. If you are eating out immediatley put lots of salt or even sugar on half of the fires (put them on another plate of course) if home don't make so many.
    Enjoy!!! If you restrict yourself you will only want it more and over eat. We need to make friends with food
  • lina1131
    Options
    I'd love to say that i'm only going to have half, but if i'm being honest, that burger has no chance if I get ahold of it! :laugh:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    IMMEDIATELY cut it in half and freeze it for your next craving
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    EAT IT!! EAT IT!! EAT IT!! (and lick the plate when you're done) :tongue:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'd love to say that i'm only going to have half, but if i'm being honest, that burger has no chance if I get ahold of it! :laugh:

Telling someone who is dieting to only eat half a hamburger like that is like telling a cocaine addict to snort half a line.

If you're going to do it, do it and move on with your day tomorrow. If you deprive yourself for a long enough time, you'll have a binge that you'll totally regret.

I think it's great that you're considering a hamburger. I look at nutritional values and the thought of saturated fat/trans fat make me think that if I eat a burger, I'll undo my entire week of work.

If you want it and can handle it, enjoy it :)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Telling someone who is dieting to only eat half a hamburger like that is like telling a cocaine addict to snort half a line.

If you're going to do it, do it and move on with your day tomorrow. If you deprive yourself for a long enough time, you'll have a binge that you'll totally regret.

I think it's great that you're considering a hamburger. I look at nutritional values and the thought of saturated fat/trans fat make me think that if I eat a burger, I'll undo my entire week of work.

If you want it and can handle it, enjoy it :)

LOL, awesome analogy.

Yep, I agree. Tear that badboy up, and don't regret it in the least. :wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    eat it! mmmmmmmmmmmmm hamburger! :grumble:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Just eat it. I walked 5 miles today and celebrated by eating a cheeseburger and fries. I still have calories left over. It was the best burger I ever had in my life. (first one in 3 months)
  • remerp
    remerp Posts: 7
    Options
    i just had a burger tonight, with fries, but it was homemade, its really nice to have control of what you put on it,
    bun120 cal
    burger (vegetarian non meat) 85 cal
    cheese 100 cal (ilove cheese, its not the reduced fat kind)
    tomato/chilli chutney 40 cal
    150g of potato w/skin, 150 cal
    1/2 tbsp of olive oil 60 cal
    1 cup of broccoli on the side 30 cal
    total. 585 cal.

i do that all the time, i also do pizza once in a while.. but a cheese only pizza frozen, and then add tons on veggies on ton, a little more cheese . and half of the pizza is less then 550 cal.

its easy to have "bad" things for you that are not so bad for you.
    may
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    ho shoot, i wrote the last post under my bf login, what a nut case i am !!!!!!!!!!

its not the first time either..... totaly nut...:noway:
    lol
    may
  • debbie_010
    debbie_010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    EAT IT!! EAT IT!! EAT IT!! (and lick the plate when you're done) :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sun-Shine
    Sun-Shine Posts: 46
    Options
    If I eat a cheeseburger I would gain a pound or two- seriously I cant have it. It sucks.
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    if you're worried just buy a boca burger and get american cheese and a bun

then
    toast the bun
    cook the burger on a skillet sprayed with pam
    add the cheese and melt it a little on the burger

put them on the toasted bun and add ketchup,etc

and it tastes really good and its good for you!
  • lina1131
    Options
    I went to chili's with a friend and I had the best burger I have ever had in my entire life. The freakin' thing has 880 calories and I HAD THE FRIES TOO!

I have had 2200 calories today. :noway:

Tomorrow is a new day and not a cheat day! I'm good! :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I had my cheat day yesterday - OUTBACK! (I did skip the Chili Cheese Fries!)

I felt so bad about it that I got on the treadmill last night at 9pm and ran 4 miles! I could not stand to see my food diary with all of those negative numbers!!!

Hello, my name is Patricia and i am a MFP addict.....
  • lina1131
    Options
    my body is pissed off. I feel so sick. I am going to workout hard tomorrow.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    my body is pissed off. I feel so sick. I am going to workout hard tomorrow.

I know this sounds weird, but when I have my cheat meal and my body freaks out like that, its kind of comforting for me because I know that I've been eating so clean and the sick feeling is because my body's not used to it..which is a good thing! I worry when that feeling goes away haha.