Peanut Butter Cravings

Options
I crave peanut butter non-stop! And I'm not joking. For the past couple days that is all I have wanted to eat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Peanut butter. Peanut butter. I've been staying inside my calorie goal, but I still find it strange since I've never really even been a fan.
Just curious if anybody has ideas on what my body is trying to tell me....? Or if it is totally fine to eat just peanut butter?

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Your body is trying to tell you you're hungry. It likes sharing its feelings. There's nothing wrong with peanut butter. Eat it if you enjoy it, count it's calories and move on.
  • cmh806
    cmh806 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time eating breakfast to get my day going. My trainer suggested a spoonful of peanut butter within the first hour I that I wake up. Now I crave it with my coffee. Gives me a solid boost in the morning.
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    I crave it too. I have a spoonful of it every day. I just eat it plain so I can enjoy it. It's good for you, so have your peanut butter if you want it.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is delicious! Have a tablespoon and enjoy!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    pb2 to the rescue
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    Also, it might be telling you you need more protein or carbs. Peanut Butter is a hearty and solid food, your body craves it when you want to feel full and fullfilled.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I only eat the all natural peanut butter (NO ADDED SUGAR) the only ingredients are Peanuts and salt.
    I hope you are eating this kind, to avoid sugar.
    are you taking a vitamin? it seems as tho your body is telling you it needs a certain nutrition (Protein maybe)
    i crave peanut butter at least once per week.
    but i craved more stuff before i started taking vitamins. check out vitacost.com

oh, and my favorite snack or breakfast is All Natural Peanut Butter, and sliced green banana (plantains) on whole wheat flatout flat bread.:drinker:
  • Rachellynnb28
    Rachellynnb28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    pb 2 is delicious. 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. yum. I have the regular and chocolate now.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Are you primarily eating low-fat foods? Could be that you aren't getting enough fat in your diet...
    sometimes I get intense cravings for things that I don't normally care to eat (such as milk, for example) and although I don't have science backing up my opinion, I feel that my body is trying to tell me something!

Now if I crave a donut....that's a different story. Lol :blushing:
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I crave peanut butter non-stop! And I'm not joking. For the past couple days that is all I have wanted to eat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Peanut butter. Peanut butter. I've been staying inside my calorie goal, but I still find it strange since I've never really even been a fan.

OMG ME TOO. The first 30.5 years of my life I could take it or leave it and didn't really get the obsession with Reese's. Now I eat PB every single day (natural, sugar free). I put it in protein shakes, on celery, and on rice cakes mostly. If I'm craving dessert I heat a corn tortilla with peanut butter and a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips in a cast iron skillet, like a PB-chocolate quesadilla. Some days I eat it straight out the jar. Always logging of course.

The only days I don't eat it is if I'm close to my fat intake for the day. I haven't seen a problem with it. I think I probably crave it for the salt, as I have noticed the craving is stronger on days when I've sweat a lot.

Pro tip for natural PB: if you buy the kind with no sugar (which you should), keep it in the fridge or it will go bad. :wink:
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    maybe it is fat cravings... like when I cut fat down a lot, from time to time I crave peanut butter. Maybe. If that happens I just eat something else or a small amount.
    8)