hCG Shots

Options
What experience has anybody had with the HCG shots? It is combined with a B1 shot too. . . . Any thoughts???

Replies

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have not had any experience with HCG, but I am currently taking the B12 and Lipotropic injections. I want to try the HCG injections, but I am worried about the fertility side effects. My husband and I have decided not to have any more children, and I'm told that the HCG can make you more fertile. So far, I have had good luck with the B12 and lipotropics. I have lost 14 pounds in less than a month. I have had a hard time losing weight in the past, so this has really helped me.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Isn't HCG the pregnancy hormone levels they check during your pregnancy? It sounds familiar to me but I haven't been pregnant for 6 yrs..lol
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    the B12 and Lipotropic injections.

I've not heard of those? Is that a weekly injection too ? Given by MD??
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have serious issues with this shot/weight loss solution.... do the research, understand what you are expected to do and for how long.... most require you to eat about 500-800 calories per day (NOT healthy, I don't care WHAT shot they are giving you. That shot doesn't include protein, nutrients, and all the things you need to make up for that big of a deficit.) When you stop taking the shot, what calorie level are you supposed to eat at? The same calorie restriction you were on during the shot, plus 200 calories..... how in the heck is that POSSIBLE to maintain??? Ask yourself if you can seriously be successful on a long term, permanent basis with those restrictions?

I would not recommend it, based on my research.

There is no "quick fix" to get skinny, or everyone rich (Oprah included) would be doing it, and everyone with any sort of money would be skinny and happy......

Eat well, exercise, follow proper guidelines. MFP can help, and so can a GOOD doctor and HEALTHY weight loss program. (reading between those blatant lines.... a doc who is encouraging you to do this shot is not a *good* doctor.)

You CAN do it the right way, and you WILL be successful - not only that, you will have the tools to be healthy and fit for the REST of your life - not just as long (or short) as your willpower can hold out over your starving tummy and body screaming for proper fuel and nutrition.

:ohwell: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • mstanley
    Options
    lipotropics are an amino acid that they usually include in the B12. I get the combo at my doctor's office. The Lipotropics help you burn fat faster, (increases your metabolism).

Maurierose - I don't know what other doctors require, but mine has me on a 1400 calorie diet, which is exactly the same as what MFP has for me. I still eat healthy, but the shot boosts my metabolism and helps me burn the calories more efficiently.
  • mstanley
    Options
    HCG is a pregnancy hormone, but if you aren't pregnant, it can make you become pregnant easily.
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    mstanley - glad to hear you're eating a reasonable amount of food - you're the first person I've ever heard of who is doing that and taking the shots. Would your doc change that calorie target if you added HCG to the mix?

Call me crazy, but I bet you could lose the same amount of weight on your calorie restriction that you're losing on your calorie restriction + shots, without the extra financial expense and physical/chemical stress on your body..... I don't even know ya, but I'm that confident in you, and in anyone sticking with MFP and eating properly.... and a little exercise never hurts. Go figure? :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :smile: