Hey, Fat Girl

Options
A friend found and shared this blog post with me and I loved it - thought some of you guys might like it, too :) Apologies if someone has already linked to it!

http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Replies

• grumpy_lynn
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! Thank you for sharing
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Makes me wanna go run! (: Thank you for posting this!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Wow. Amazing.
  • jennnnn2u
    jennnnn2u Posts: 133
    Options
    This brought me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    love
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    "You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration."

This brought tears to my eyes, I have been working hard, and I don't lurk anymore, and I'm proud that I am making 12 Miles (this morning for the first time).... but I still see other runners and I do feel inadequate. I always answer questions from the people who ask because they see me out every day or most days anyway.. "how far are you running".. me 4-10 miles.. them "wow, how long does that take?" me... " well,' I'm not very fast so my time isn't that great... and then I tell them" Why do I always say, I'm not very fast. It should just be enough to say I ran it, I owned it and I am a runner!

This makes me realize that I can be proud, and I can call myself a runner. Really it is about owning your progress, and claiming each step. Thank you for sharing
  • roland72
    roland72 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    that's great! Has made fat boy me realise that I need to go out and run / walk tonight. It's bloody hard, but so worth it.
  • simoneparker
    Options
    Glad you guys enjoyed it, too!

I may or may not have teared up while reading it ;)
  • acb41
    acb41 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow that just moved me to tears :) So inspiring, makes me want to go for a run right now! Thanks for sharing!