In need of losing baby fat

Options
Hi, I decided to sign up to help me keep track of my calorie consumption and to find motivation and encouragement from people who have been successful. I have a 6 month old son and now feel almost 100% back to normal except for these extra 20 pounds I have accumulated from the birth of my first born which was worth it but now time to come off!!! I had lost about 25 pounds in 2007 on nutrisystem but it is expensive and the food is not that great. I would rather eat fresh produce and meats and do it that way. Good luck to everyone who is using this and hope to one day be an encouragement to other members :smile:

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome - i have only been using this sight for a few weeks but already like it alot it helps keep me accountable putting in my food intake and exercise times. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ZuzanaFan
    Options
    Hi Jannygirl and welcome! I too have been using this site when I stopped smoking and started working out instead. I love it and there are some really great recipes under the community tab and everyone is very motivational and inspirational! Good luck with your new goals and I am here to support you in your quest!:flowerforyou:
  • jannygirl
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck to you too! It is nice to interact with people with similar goals!
  • jannygirl
    Options
    That is great that you gave up smoking for working out! Good luck with your new goals and lifestyle :flowerforyou:
  • IDefineMe
    Options
    Hi! I, too, have a 6 month old. This is my first, and I have lost my baby weight, but I still have 20-25 lbs left to go to lose the weight I gained after getting married. I am teetering on being overweight so I really want to get back to my goal weight. I know how hard it is to fit in diet and exercise with a new baby so good luck to you!
  • jannygirl
    Options
    Congrats IDefineMe on your new bundle of joy! I understand exactly how you feel. Are you able to get away to get workouts in or do you work out at home. I have always been very active and would run and go to the gym regularly but have not done that since my son has been born. I thought about getting some pilates tapes and investing in a jogging stroller! Do you have any advice on how you juggle your workouts? I seem to be ok so far in the diet department but could lacking in the exercise part!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I just had my 5th baby...and for whatever reason I am still holding onto 50 extra pounds! I am having a horrible time ......I could really use some support, and that is why I am here.....:smile:
  • jannygirl
    Options
    Squoozyq, Good luck, and congrats on your new baby! This is my third day using the calorie counter and it really keeps me on track. It is such a good tool, I was taking in so many empty calories before and now it feels good to have control on what I eat. I don't have the luxury of going to the gym anymore so I have been doing mini workouts while my little one is in the bouncer, he enjoys watching me doing my exercises and it keeps him content for a while so it is a plus-plus. Good luck and you can do it :flowerforyou: