Insanity

Options
avrobin03
avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
This is for all you Insanity peeps, what do you put your workout under in mfp? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have to add it as a Custom Exercise and enter the data from my Heart Rate Monitor ...
  • RebeccainMI
    RebeccainMI Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use the custom exercise feature and use the calories burned from my HRM minus about 150 calories because I feel like my number is really high.
  • avrobin03
    Options
    That's a good idea, I have been putting it under high impact aerobics, but I know that is not caculating right..
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have to add it as a Custom Exercise and enter the data from my Heart Rate Monitor ...

^^^^ This
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    'Insanity Max Interval Training'
    It's only 100 calories/ 10 minutes, but I figure it's better to underestimate than over estimate...............!!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and don't add it to my exercise but post it as with insanity u don't eat your exercise calories so I don't want it always saying im under on my calories.
  • avrobin03
    Options
    Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, but I have been workin out like nobody's bizznasss and my weight is just not going down... I feel myself getting stronger, but the scale is not my friend right now.. So I'm not wanting to under estimate and have that affect my calorie intake? I don't know need to try something new this week.
  • avrobin03
    Options
    That's a really good point.. Thanks!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    With Insanity it's really important to feed your body, it does take a lot out of you, my average burn is 500-600 calories per workout and I eat every single one of those calories back.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I use a polar ft7 hrm my average burn during the 1st month of insanity was around 450. I like insanity and made some good progress. I have moved on to weight training /jogging /biking. Training for a rugged maniac race , but will probably throw a few insanity workouts in the mix
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    custom with HRM :)
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I put it as circuit training :)
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking, but I have been workin out like nobody's bizznasss and my weight is just not going down... I feel myself getting stronger, but the scale is not my friend right now.. So I'm not wanting to under estimate and have that affect my calorie intake? I don't know need to try something new this week.

This is really common with my Insanity group.......have you been checking your measurements? I am 8 weeks in but only have lost 4 lbs.......but I lost 21 inches .... I have a lot to loose.....so it is really frustrating.......BUT I just have to chill and realize this is a process.

I use a HR monitor and use the custom add I burn between 400 and 800 cals a workout..
  • Mommy_Time
    Options

Are u also taking measurements and pictures? the scale is not anyones friend. Also their should of been a nutrition booklet with your insanity and it gives u a formula to calculate your daily calories and u do not eat them back doing it this way. if u need help figuring them just message me your age, weight and height and I will be more than happy to figure it for you :)
  • avrobin03
    Options
    I do weekly weigh-ins and measurments, last week I lost 3 inches, which is wonderful! but my scale number is HUGE I can understand if I was in a smaller body but I would think the number would be going down to you know?
  • Mommy_Time
    Options
    I do weekly weigh-ins and measurments, last week I lost 3 inches, which is wonderful! but my scale number is HUGE I can understand if I was in a smaller body but I would think the number would be going down to you know?

i hope i can explain in a way u will understand. lets say u lost 5lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of muscle, the scale would read the same weight but since muscle is smaller than the fat u will see inches coming off. muscle does not weigh more than fat but takes up less space for the same weight.
  • Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

My scale number is huge too......... hang in there............
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Exactly what mommy said, the density of muscle is higher than fat, so you lose inches and stay or even put on weight :) it takes up less space and weighs more :)