Color Me Rad 5K

Options
Anyone doing the Color Me Rad 5K this year?
www.colormerad.com

It looks like so much fun!! And it's NOT timed!

Quoted from the website...

About
When Zoloft and balloon animals can't seem to raise your spirits, the best way to brighten your life is to Color Yourself Rad.

Color Me Rad is coming to a town near you with a tsunami of color. Once you set foot in this holy bath, it will make the blind see, the deaf hear, and the lame walk, run, and jump through 5 kilometers of colorful debauchery. *

You’ll start off with a shirt as pure and white as Mother Teresa’s saintly soul and wind up looking like a pack of skittles – just make sure not to “taste the rainbow.”

So cast your DYE and get red in the face from Color Me Rad, and not from the embarrassment of passing up on the run of a lifetime.

*These statements have not been validated by the FDA, God, or common sense.

How it works:

Start out as clean as a newborn babe, and throughout the run, you'll coat your chaffing thighs with blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow until your face, shirt, and body come out silkscreened like a tie-dyed hippy on the other side.

Each section of the run adds a new explosion of color to your clean, painter’s palate until you cross the finish line into a final blitzkrieg of color.

What is the “color” in Color Me Rad?

You’re probably asking yourselves, “Is this really color being thrown at us or are the rainbows we’re seeing just God’s signal that it’ll never flood again?”

Well I’m glad you asked. This isn’t just smoke and mirrors. This is non-toxic, non-rash-inducing, Kroger branded, colored corn-starch. Subsidized by the government and processed in the good ol’ US of A, these blasts of starch will change your color, and your demeanor, but never your level of wellness.

Utah 04/28/12
Virginia Beach 05/06/12
Hartford 05/26/12
Philadelphia 06/17/12
Bakersfield, CA 06/30/12
Albany 07/07/12
Boston 07/14/12
Richmond, VA 07/21/12
Columbus, OH 08/04/12
Calgary, AB 08/11/12
San Diego 08/11/12
Vancouver, BC 08/18/12
San Jose 09/01/12
Indianapolis 09/08/12
Miami 10/13/12
Tampa 10/20/12
Honolulu 11/10/12
Houston 03/2013
Sacramento 04/2013

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    doing the Virginia Beach one

There is also a similar race called the color run (www.thecolorrun.com). They have one in DC is sept that I plan on doing
  • jfield6
    jfield6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Awesome! I just learned about this race. I'd just like to know how I can keep the colors on my shirt. LOL!
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    I want to do the one in Indianapolis! My best friend lives near there so we could do it together:)
  • agugino
    agugino Posts: 119
    Options
    If you would like to preserve the color in your running shirt, spray it with vinegar and iron it before you wash it. For FULL color cleaning ideas and tips, check THIS LINK out!

Seen this on this page http://thecolorrun.com/faqs/ :)
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the one in Cincinnati on July 21st!
  • forest98520
    forest98520 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at the one in Albany NY!! The dates here are not correct at least for the Albany one. It's in Sept.
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    What the Heck... I'll try to Revive this thread! :)

I'm soooooo excited, and I just can't hide it... I'm about to lose control and I think I like it... Whoop! When you break out in some Pointer Sisters tunes, makes you want to dance...

But, I'm pretty psyched about the CMR in Billings Montana this Saturday - October 27th... wondering if I'll find any other MFPers that are gonna be running it as well?!??
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did it in Oklahoma City in July. It was SOOOOO much fun!!!!
  • nascarbettie
    nascarbettie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you would like to preserve the color in your running shirt, spray it with vinegar and iron it before you wash it. For FULL color cleaning ideas and tips, check THIS LINK out!

Seen this on this page http://thecolorrun.com/faqs/ :)

Did this with mine and it didn't work. Just FYI..