Height to weight??

Options
R people happy with their height to weight ratio?? liked im 5ft 3...yes i know thats small, and weigh 136.8 pounds. I want to get down to about 115-120, so my weight wud suit my height a lot more, i wud like to here what other people think about their, height to weight ratio's, and if they like it or not??

Replies

• drumprincess1
    Options
    i totally feel like because im short, the ratio is harder to achieve. us short people have it way harder because one pound looks like 5 :ohwell:
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    yes the exact same problem, people who are taller dont understand the pain of gaining weight when ur small lol, thanx for posting, i forgot that sum people might be a bit nervous for putting numbers like this up
  • drumprincess1
    Options
    ya, i don't really care what people think of my numbers. i always am curious about other people because sometimes i feel fatter than what i really am. if i see other people who are the same bmi it makes me feel better or worse haha :) btw im 5'2" and weigh in at around 134-132. its been fluctuating a lot because i think my body is resisting weight loss or something. its being stubborn. but im not giving up!!!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 also and I think I look fine at 132. I just wanna cut down some body fat.
  • Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    good on ya, i dont see y people ever giv up, because then sumwhere down the line they'll start again and hav to lose it all again. I feel the same way about the bmi thing, cuz people with the same bmi as me can sumtimes look much thinner, i hav the attitude, i aint givin up, cuz i dont wanna hav to start from scratch again lol
  • mjmcgove
    mjmcgove Posts: 13
    Options
    Im short too, Im 5'5" and I'm really heavy, I'm 227 now, and back in high school when i played football i was 200 and i looked a ton thinner, I remember gaining just 10 lbs and it made me balloon up, Imagine now lol... so i do know the pain of being short and gaining weight and how much it is amplified
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'm short, 5'3.5" and large framed with decent amount of muscle... So height to weight doesn't work out well in my favor. I'm 140.5 lb as of this morning. But my height:waist and hip:waist ratios indicate I'm in perfect health, as does my body fat %. I'm just not a population average :)

ETA: I'm not planning to go much lower than 134. However it's more about aesthetics to me.
  • stellapiano
    stellapiano Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain. I'm 5 even, and all my weight sits on me so heavily. Every extra pound makes itself known. I can't wait to see how my frame looks without it.
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Another way to look at that is that when you lose 1 lb. it will look like you lost 5lbs. :-)
  • DianneBoo
    DianneBoo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5....but I only have a 22 inch inseam....VERY short legs. Because of this and the fact that I am very broad shouldered and hipped, I think that at my height, 150 will be great. I will be happy anywhere between 150 and 175!
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and currently 130. My UGW is 112 - 119lbs, depending on how I feel when I get there. I don't carry weight particularly well so despite being a UK size 10 (US 6) I often feel like I still look pretty chunky. Especially seeing as I carry most of my weight in my really short legs, ha.
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    yes the exact same problem, people who are taller dont understand the pain of gaining weight when ur small lol, thanx for posting, i forgot that sum people might be a bit nervous for putting numbers like this up

I'm not putting my numbers up, but I agree. When you are short, and especially when you have a small frame, it only takes 5 pounds to make a HUGE difference. 5lbs puts me in an entirely different size clothing.
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Totally agree, I'm 4' 11" (148cm), mu weight sits from the hips to the waist and there isn't a lot of height to spare :wink: my NGW is 150 my ultimate is 110, I think :happy:
    I have a friend who is the same weight as me but is 5' 10" and she looks awesome :grumble:
    I have to keep reminding myself that I've come a long way and that I will reach my goal, I set rewards at certain intervals and work towards the goal not the total amount to lose.
    My first BIG goal is next Saturday I am celebrating passing 30kg loss and my 50th which happened in January with an overseas trip. Would I like to be at goal before I go HELL YES :laugh: but I am really happy that I will feel comfortable in a plane for 14 hours and not feel like I have to squeeze in...there'll be plenty of room in my seat wooohooo :bigsmile:
  • kayla611
    kayla611 Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm 4'11 and at 150.. i want to get down to around 120 so that my weigh will better suit my height..
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 120. I think the weight might be alright but I still have areas that I do not like. The belly is my problem area but I don't think losing any more weight is going to do anything for it. I will just continue on the strength training route and hopefully that will eventually get me to where I want to look.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    5'5" and I'm 133 pounds...I want to be about 122
  • CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 and about 160lbs. I'm healthy but on the verge of being overweight again. I want to lose about 10-15 more pounds and I'll be happy. Good luck! I know I carry my weight a little differently than you. :)
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i totally feel like because im short, the ratio is harder to achieve. us short people have it way harder because one pound looks like 5 :ohwell:

ditto!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and 200.6lbs. I hope to get to 150-160. I'm large bones/frame too. I'm a lot happier now than when I was 310!

I know a lot of people who are your height or shorter and were up and over 250lbs. Just be thankful you're not that high (I know one girl who is 5'2" and has lost 184 lbs in the last 15 months!).
  • mellojoy71
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 8 and I agree with you. I know several peole that can carry added weight well because of their larger frame. In the minds of some of these peolpe (me) we don't feel that way when we look in the mirror. : )