Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Veggie heavy foods for lunches at work

When it comes to food, I'm just lazy. I could live off pb sandwiches and cereal, but I'm working on changing that now. I am looking for dishes I could bring to work for lunches that are heavy in veggies, as I rarely eat them. I don't dislike them, I just never eat them currently.

I don't mind (I even prefer) to make large batches of things and eat leftovers. My place of employment has a fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster oven so all that is covered. I just don't have any ideas of what to make.

My only specific request is it isn't something strong smelling. I despise those who bring in smelly food and I don't want to be one of those people!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and on my menu soon. Thanks. :smile:

Also, I'm new so feel free to add me if you like sharing recipes! :wink:

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Some of the best, easiest to prepare, easiest to clean, lightest smelling lunch food is just good old fashioned raw veggies and fruit. You can find plastic take along containers that are perfect size for a salad, too.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    This makes a ton and it stays good for a week
    http://ohsheglows.com/2011/09/27/detox-salad/
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    lasagna it's yummy. How about pulled pork sandwiches....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    What about legumes?

When I get in lunch slumps I eat lots of beans. :-)
  • I love veggie stir frys that i make for dinner the night before, and bring in leftovers to work. My favorite is green beans and carrots, and i add it over some rice or barley that i make at the beginning of the week. So delish! I am still figuring out the best way to stir-fry and roast veggies, so i would google it and just go nuts!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    I love stir fried veggies - I make a big batch at the beginning of the week. You can heat it and then put soy sauce on it. So it won't smell so much. I use pea pods, red peppers, mushrooms, and carrot shreds. Sometimes I put chicken in with it.

Another thing is roast potatos, sweet potatos and carrots. You could put onions in it but then it would smell stronger.
  • Dip veggies in hummus! It's easy, delicious (there are different variations on it, too), and a really filling way to get your veggies in at lunch time or even for a snack. :)
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    grilled veggies that you fixed the night before... I eat for dinner then take the left overs for work the next day. Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms whatever you want..
    I also fixed salad then add grilled chicken to it for lunch.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    I love making a big pot of veggie soup. Another favorite is raw veggies with greek yogurt ranch dip.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Veggie stuffed pitas are yummy... I use cream cheese, season with spices, then add roasted red peppers, olives (if I have them) and crunchy sliced cucumbers.

Also, I make stir-frys with zucchini, mushrooms, peppers, etc. - season with spices and eat warm on a wrap or in a toasted Thomas's Light Whole Grain English Muffin. You can fry up the veggies in batches and warm as you need them.

Roasted asparagus is good to just munch on - I season with Mrs. Dash.

Baked sweet potatoes are yummy, filling and easy to warm for a lunch. I just bake and top with cinnamon.

I also steam cauliflower, sprinkle on Mrs. Dash, and refrigerate to eat cold for snacks. Doesn't smell as bad cold.

Stuffed peppers (stuff with chicken or turkey and whole grain rice and veggies).

Salad. Spinach salad w/fresh berries. Cottage cheese w/beets.
  • _my_name
    _my_name Posts: 6
    Thank you for the suggestions. The stir fry sounds like a great idea. Easy, quick and good for those times when you have a fridge full of veggies about to go off... not that that would ever happen, of course. :blushing: