Stalling out!

Options
I'm only 3 weeks in, so I wouldn't think a 'plateau' would be possible, but I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to jump start this again. Week 1 was a 7lb loss, week 2 was 4lbs and this week has only been 1. I'm certain the first weeks loss was because I was shocking my system so to speak, but I'm not sure what's going on now.
I've been eating very well. No white sugar or bread and staying under my calorie and fat goals. I've also been getting my cardio in via uphill walking and eliptical (30 min intervals).
I'm abiding by a 'never hungry, never full' rule and so I eat through the day. I was curious if the slump in loss could be from not reaching close to my caloric goals, but I'm not sure how much more I could eat in a day.
I'd love to hear some thoughts or encouragement through your own experience.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Week 1 was mostly water, week 2 was partly water. ONE pound a week is about right. Sorry to say it, but you're doing great.
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    that was just water weight -- forget about it. Humans lose about a pound a week, at the most. Enjoy!
  • gamjohn
    gamjohn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! That is actually encouraging. I'm not necessarily discouraged by it, but didn't know if there was something more efficient I needed to be doing.
    LOVE having this board to come to for guidance!
  • burbanum
    burbanum Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? You may be undereating and your body is catching on to it. I have done the low cal and diet thing yo yoing for years and finally realized my body needs fuel...check out the group Eat more to weigh less. It has beena lifesaver to me!
  • gamjohn
    Options
    I'm averaging about 1000 calories a day. Goal is 1440
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    1k isn't very much... add some peanut butter, or cut the "low fat products" if you get stuck.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

That could explain if you are truly stalling. As others have said, you've done fine so far. Pretty on track. But if you eat such a low amount, you will stall out and not lose. Your body will fight what it sees as a threat and try to preserve mass and fat. You need to kick it up. I don't know your stats so I can't recommend more but 1000 calories is not enough!
  • gamjohn
    Options
    [/quote]1k isn't very much... add some peanut butter, or cut the "low fat products" if you get stuck.
    [/quote]

Well the problem I guess I'm having is that I feel satisfied all day between my food intake and water. Can you suggest some 'worth' it high calorie foods I could incorporate into my meals to bump it? I'm not a big peanut butter lover.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! Are you drinking lots of water?? Make sure you are eating to 1200 calories...and more when you workout. Eat some high calories foods that are healthy....raw almods, & avocado two name a couple : ) Good luck & stay with it!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Try Almond Butter, I like it better. Also, avocado or guacamole and full fat greek yogurt. Fyi, fat does not make you fat if eating in a calorie deficit. Good fats are filled with Omega 3 fatty acids with are incredibly healthy and aid in weight loss. Raw nuts, especially almonds or walnuts. Walnuts are very dense calorically. There are ways. Cut back on the water and eat more food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Try Almond Butter, I like it better. Also, avocado or guacamole and full fat greek yogurt. Fyi, fat does not make you fat if eating in a calorie deficit. Good fats are filled with Omega 3 fatty acids with are incredibly healthy and aid in weight loss. Raw nuts, especially almonds or walnuts. Walnuts are very dense calorically. There are ways. Cut back on the water and eat more food.
    avocado, nuts... definitely good!
  • gamjohn
    Options
    Thank you all again! Feeling encouraged! :D