Success in daily life...a little long.

Options
mish3131
mish3131 Posts: 276 Member
So, I started on MFP way back in March. Well, I did great until summer hit. I had tons of weekend vacations, parties etc. I lost a little, but not much. For a while I was floating around in the same 4lbs. (Confession: I stopped using MFP) Then my big vacation to Disney was here. A week in Disney. I was determined not to gain weight. I didn't gain anything! Woohoo for me.

All in all, a week after we got back I lost a pound. Now it is 2.5 weeks since Disney and I have lost an additional 2lbs.

Here is what I must say. Even though I did not use MFP, I still made fairly good choices. I am proud to say that I feel like I can function in the real world without feeling overwhelmed by food. I can go out to eat and still be on track. I am hoping that this means my mindset is changing about food.

Being a person who is so over weight, and being on medication which will make you addicted to carbs is difficult to overcome. Knowing that I can do it on my own is a great feat. I hope to someday encourage others in my situation they can do it. I know I am not at my goal, but so far I have lost 33% of the weight I want to lose.

When I first started on MFP I befriended people who have similar stats as me with weight and goals. Many of which have lost about 30lbs and well on their way to there goal. Just the other day I realized when looking at how much I have lost, I am one of those people that encouraged me. I kept thinking, is that possible?

Replies

• pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    Options
    Good for your!!! That is truly great. We have to take our little successes and feel good about them...and see the big picture.

Cindy
  • IDefineMe
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: It' s looks like you are not only losing weight but changing your life. That is my goal, too, to not only lose weight but to stop using food as a crutch and change my mindset. Good for you!!!:happy:
  • ccmurra
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!