will I ever feel "full" again?

Options
I just started mfp last Tuesday...next weigh in will be on Thursday. I have stayed under my calories everyday and will start Yoga next week...my problem is trying to eat less and better...I never really feel full which leaves me ALWAYS thinking about food! Anyone else with this problem?

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Your body does get used to eating less. However, I also find it to be helpful to do some exercise to earn some calories when I am really hungry. Actually, I've found that I enjoy the feeling of being satisfied but not stuffed.
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    try to up your fiber or protein maybe. Thats what works for me but we are all different.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you eating? if you feel hungry you're not eating enough, or you're not eating the right foods. MFP is notorious for setting calorie goals below where they really should be -- i.e. 1200 calories, then everyone tries to stay under -- THEN you're not eating enough to even fuel your body properly. SOOO. I'd suggest eating more. Try to eat high fiber, and high protein, and drink plenty of water :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Not since I upped my calories! For some of us MFP's setting is too low. Are you eating your exercise calories back? I'm not sure how close to your goal weight you are. Perhaps your lbs per week setting is too aggressive. It could be 10 different things but you can certainly do this without being hungry.
  • senecaangel
    senecaangel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol I was wondering the same thing myself. There are days I do great and others I am just starved. Hormones, stress, and boredom affect this greatly.
  • mpaige1969
    mpaige1969 Posts: 52
    Options
    calories are set at 1570...need to lose about 65 pds. I haven't started with regular exercise yet...yoga starts on Monday...which I hope will help too. I think I feel like I am eating the samething everyday too which doesn't help..still learning variety!
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Load up on veggies. I prefer cooked veggies to raw, they make me feel fuller. So, I steam up a ton of carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, broccoli, whatever you like, or a few different kinds mixed. Sometimes I fill a whole dinner plate with steamed veggies, with a side of some kind of meat. I am stuffed afterwards.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    veggies and fibery type stuff like beans..

one of my new favorite meals is black eye peas + kale. one serving is around 180 calories. good protein and high in fiber and it makes me full and that's saying something because i can be bottomless pit
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1570 is definitely enough to fill up with if you're eating the right things. Mesha had a great idea...she's also my hero so you should listen to her. ;)

Stir fry anything is great for a filling, low-cal meal. Google stir fry chicken and vegetables...the combinations are endless. I feel the most full when I've eaten plenty of protein. I try to include it with every meal and snack. The recipe section of the forums is a great place to search as well. I wish you the best!
  • mpaige1969
    mpaige1969 Posts: 52
    Options
    thanks for all the great ideas!