I never thought a I would say this...

Options
I like exercise...ok...I said it....Don't tell my husband..

19111718.png

Replies

• Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I startled myself when I first came to this realization too! It's like we're made to think of exercise as something horrendous that you only force yourself through because you have to. But I'm convinced that everyone has to have at least one physical activity that can count as exercise and also be something they enjoy doing. It's the finding of it that can sometimes be the trouble. It's certainly an interesting little secret, although I feel we need to somehow share it with the world instead.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    not sure what the right word is....satisfaction?
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise but I love jogging....it's just a coincidence it happens to be exercise :tongue:
  • Darlingir
    Options
    I hate exercise but I love jogging....it's just a coincidence it happens to be exercise :tongue:

ha! jogging= major exercise! lol
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I know what you mean. I freak out if I can't get to the gym and I love it when I'm there. I keep asking my reflection, who are you and what have you done with Brett?
  • DrivenDiva
    DrivenDiva Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I said the same recently on Facebook. Who'd have thunk a currently fat girl who's steadily shrinking would confess such a thing! I tell ya, that endorphin rush is REAL!
  • Cindyreu
    Cindyreu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For some reason MFP has helped me to enjoy exercise too! I am 52 years old and never thought I would say that. I now try to include some form of exercise almost daily. And I feel so good for it!
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's amazing. I spent my whole life avoiding anything related to exercise and now I am a super b##ch when my gym is closed for the day. I don't really know if I like it but I certainly like what it does for me. Not winded anymore walking up stairs and walk around stores for hours (not my old 1 store per day because I got too tired). I like the feeling when I am done and showered off. I do get a bit of a rush of energy. I don't like being there or being sweaty but I can't like everything about it I guess.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I remember when I went from detesting exercising to being quite grumpy if I don't get my workout in. Don't worry. You're secret is safe with me.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    also, now that I have been into it for about three months..I really get pumped seeing improvements in my strength and agility.

19111718.png
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    It's ok the first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem:bigsmile: :bigsmile: .
  • Darlingir
    Options
    It's ok the first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem:bigsmile: :bigsmile: .

:happy:
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've actually discovered I like walking. It feels good after the 1st mile. I was jamming out to music while walking. It's ME TIME.
  • preacherswife10
    preacherswife10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my endorphine rush!! Come on endorphines! :0
  • Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I used to hate even thinking about it. Now my day just seems so much better if I have gotten in some kind of workout.
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Haha I like exercise too!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I like exercise as much as I like knowing how much I burn when I'm done.

Ok, I like exercise, too.