DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANY OF YOU ?

Replies

• juicewills
    Options
    Always! Hang in there!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    It's waaaaaay to early to throw in the towel! Your body is adjusting to a new normal. Stick with it!
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    gurl....give a bit of time..how many calories are you eating...are you exercising? Making a healthy change is better than no change at all..remember that, it doesn't happen over night.

19111718.png
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    thats what makes it so hard. open your diary give more details can't help without it.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Patience, grasshopper. You didn't put all the weight on in one week. Stay with the plan and good things will happen.
  • mkvilmin
    mkvilmin Posts: 46
    Options
    Hang in there it will happen, go for a walk and stay off the scale. Take your measurements and write them down, you could lose inches before lbs. But whatever you do, do not give up on yourself, we are all right behind you.
  • Darlingir
    Options
    and for me...reading the success stories in these forums has hands down kept me on track.....In a major way...

19111718.png
  • chocola302003
    chocola302003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    we have been all in the same boar of discouragement the best thing to do is stop looking at the scale or looking for the weight loss atleast thats what am doing this time around am just concentrating oon eating better and being healthier and the weight loss will come in time and before you know it you and well on your way. I have eaten like garbage disposal and am changing and that is the greatest thing for me. Checking labels, doing chicken breasts, more veggies, i just ate sugar snap peas for the first time today yummmmmmmy, i also have on my list to move from iceberg lettuce to romaine and get some spinach in there too, its a life style change for me. Tell me what you eat for breakfast lunch and dinner maybe there are some changes you need to make do you have any health issues or you on meds? Talk to you soon.:flowerforyou:
  • adrim24
    adrim24 Posts: 21
    Options
    i am eating 1200 calories and yes i am working out 5 days a week
  • Darlingir
    Options

I dont know your full situation but those amount of cals with that much exercise...you might need up your cals a bit
  • avocadojones
    Options
    Hang in there as the end result is sooooo gonna be worth it!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    First of all you didn't gain the weight in a week, you're not going to lose it in a week. That's not nearly enough time to decide this doesn't work.

Second - be sure you are netting at least 1200 if you are exercising.
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've been eating anywhere between 900-1500 cals and haven't had any weight loss since last week. I have upped my cals today (and will let you know how that goes) I also exercise a lot. Hang in there and keep going. If you're feeling better, getting more energy, and are enjoying what you're doing keep to it and know the results will start to show A friend of mine told me (and has to constantly remind me) that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice any changes in yourself 8 weeks for your family and close friends to notice, and 12 weeks for strangers to notice! So keep at it and know you are on your way to a healthier you!
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    may need to eat more
  • T1Life
    T1Life Posts: 15
    Options
    I didn't see any results the first 2 weeks then all of a sudden I lost 5lbs. At the same time my friends were losing 1lb a week and me nothing.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Most likely you're exercising too much for the amount of calories you take in. Are you meeting your calorie targets on MFP including the calories you burn when you workout. Remember MFP factors in your activity level and already put in a deficit.
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This got to be a joke I got news for u if u are dieting and exercising u won't see the scale move in atleast 4-6 weeks so don't weight ur self and let ur clothes tell u hang in there
  • lmanzi219
    lmanzi219 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always get discouraged, over the last year I have started and stopped dozens of times it feels. I had my fiance hide my scale and decided I would weigh in once per month. my new thing is go by how you feel. If you are feeling good from the workouts etc, the weight will come off. I have started taking my measurements once a week. So far so good! Not having the scale constantly tell me that I suck makes me continue on. Good luck! I'm down 8 pounds so far :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    relax! You aren't always going to lose a textbook 1-2lbs a week. I busted butt in the gym 3-5 days a week for 3 months and barely lost 7 pounds. I was forever losing 3lbs, then the next week gaining 2 back. I wanted to quit SOO bad...but I also wanted to lose 70 pounds.

luckily for me, I discovered that my issue was with my macros, and adjusted it accordingly, and now I am back on a losing streak without such big gains when I do gain...