great finds! (with pic..of food lol)

Options
Kalynx
Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
Ventured out to a local country store here..I think its run by the Amish. Oh man what a great place!! I found such good prices for about EVERYTHING I might want cooking/baking wise ...and more! Trying to remember what I got...

Cinnamon baking chips - 1.15 lb of tiny chips for $3.44..they will go great in my muffins/breads!
Fresh cheddar cheese curds (I can report that they squeak nicely when chewed lol)
bacon ends and lower sodium bacon (I thought that was local but its from PA..still Amish brand though, I think, low sodium and very reasonably priced)
Garlic & Chive fresh cheddar block
a few dried snack mixes--peanuts , almonds pumpkin seeds sunflower seeds,English walnuts, raisins, brazil nuts, diced dates //another is dried pineapple, papaya, apricots, raisins, dates, peanuts, banana chips, walnuts, raw brazil nuts and almonds. both $3.37 per lb
Spices ..paprika, cayenne and cumin - the cumin was $1.83 for 3.64 oz!! wow!!
Pickled Dill baby carrots
Dried mango slices ($4.31 per lb), dried bananas, dried caramel red delicious apple chips
Chia Seeds - 1 lb for $8.45! that's 3 dollars cheaper than the grocery store I usually go to
Raspberry Yogurt covered Pretzels (omg yum)
Tapioca bread
Cinnamon Honey Butter
dried pepperoni sticks
dried pumpkin seeds
locally grown tomatoes
roasted no salt cashew pieces
sugar free chocolate covered peanuts
active dry yeast - $3.33 per lb (ok you only get .75 oz in 3 packets at grocery and that's like around 2 bucks)
A baking kit with all the ingredients for giant pretzels

And yeah I'm such a geek and super excited about my haul so I took a picture before I put it away LOL
weavers.jpg

Replies

• Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    ...I'm coming over for dinner.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    ...I'm coming over for dinner.

Me too! Dibs on the pickled carrots!
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    actually its baby corn (those tiny ears?) jarred with dill. lol..not sure what i'm going to do with them but I love those!! maybe tossed in a pasta dish with a few other fresh veggies. but i do think i saw pickled just about anything in that section...all locally done by the amish (even with nutrition break down on label, yeah!) and i'm sure I saw pickled carrots ;)
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, i am coming too! Hahahaha!