Body by VI........

Options
has anyone had success with this? A friend of mine in on it, and says the powder, when mixed into your "shake", does not feel gritty or leave a funky after taste, and so far for her has workted. It just seems to me to be kinda hinky, I mean they basically what you to refer people to their product and will give you the stuff for free if 3 people sign up....... and besides that, can you really keep weight off if you lose it with a meal replacement product? I just don't think so....... any thoughts?

Replies

• 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know a girl using it who has shed quite a bit of weight in a month or two. I have had someone offer to give me Advocare at a discount if they could use my before/after pics. I have no desire to try fad diets. If I can't do it myself with just plain diet and exercise, then I have no business trying to lose weight. There are times I will not be able to afford those things and I would hate for it to come right back on. I would do a lot of google researching before you make a decision.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Save your hard earned money and buy a protein powder that doesn't come with your friends trying to rope you in to a MLM.

You can get exactly the same results with a plain old whey protein and whatever other ingredients you want to add.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it, but I really like to eat my calories, so I don't think I would do well with shakes or things of that nature. Food is yummy!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Save your hard earned money and buy a protein powder that doesn't come with your friends trying to rope you in to a MLM.

You can get exactly the same results with a plain old whey protein and whatever other ingredients you want to add.

^^this
  • bevtrayer
    bevtrayer Posts: 37
    Options
    I've been using it for over a year and like the taste. I don't try to get anyone to buy it or anything and I don't have a business. I use for the health benefits. I have been able to lower my cholesterol and Hgb A1C to normal levels.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options

I figured I could just use a protein powder from GNC that cost WAY less:) Thanks.
  • me525
    me525 Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts ladies...... it does seem pricey for something that is basically the same as the muscle builder my friends husband uses (which is $40 but last like 3months). I'll definitely just try what he has:)
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i use it and i did have results at first, but its definitely a balance issue between figuring out the rest of your health such as calorie counts and other things. I am finishing the product i have and going back to my whey protein shakes. I don't mind shakes because i'm normally short on time in the mornings, but for a meal replacement, it does have a pretty big variety of flavors that it can be made into and it does taste pretty good.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Take this advice from me....a person that has tried literally everything!!!! shakes, pills, hypnosis!! BUT until you learn how to eat real food and move, nothing will KEEP the weight off. I SOOOO wanted everything I tried to work. But those things always backfire and as soon as I ate regular again I would gain it back and feel like a butt head for ever spending the money on it. Once I found out how to make my food "work for me" then I started seeing the scale go down and the muscles come up! It is hard work and dedication that work for EVERYONE no matter what your metabolism, cholesterol or diabetic status. Our bodies were meant to EAT!! just remember to EAT!!

It was hard for me to put those calories into my body and know it was going to be OK if I ate food. I was so trained that I needed a meal replacement shake, or bar or something. You dont need a replacement, you just need food!!

You CAN do this! You are important enough to do this for YOU and everyone that depends on you! learn to have fun with your food instead of being tormented by it. Hell, I even still have stuffed crust pizza now and again! BECAUSE I CAN!! if you MOVE you can earn that food! Good luck to you and remember....YOU CAN EAT!!! your body will love you for it!!!
  • Mlmr310
    Mlmr310 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

True!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!