Educate me

Options

Replies

• ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a sentence that contains every letter in the English alphabet (called an English-language pangram).

This sentence uses all 26 english letters only once ...

Mr. Jock, TV Quiz Ph.D., bags few lynx
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is a sentence that contains every letter in the English alphabet (called an English-language pangram).

knew this already ;)

keep them coming guys
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    No words in the English language rhyme with orange or purple.....
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    And on that note, the Texas Tech horse statue is forever mooning Texas A&M. :wink:

Yes it is and it's the best thing since sliced bread. Raider Power!!!!!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    the yellow/black lady bugs actually bite not the red/ black ones
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Alexander the Great was epileptic.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Proportional to their weight men are stronger than horses.:happy:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    There are 10 times more stars in the visible Universe than all the grains of sand in the world.

That's an amazing thing!! Yep, betcha there's alien life somewhere in there. :smile:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Options
    Herrings communicate through flatulence.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Canadians don't live in igloos

What?!?! Next yo:wink: u're going to try and tell me that they don't have Moose as pets. :wink:

This will BLOW your mind then. I have never even seen a moose, except for in the zoo and I've lived here my whole life nodoubtaboutit eh.
    :wink:
    [/quote

Of course we don't have a pet moose.......our pet beavers (don't go there...) don't get along with the moose! And we all eat poutine for 3 meals a day while wearing our toques.:wink:
  • Elizabeth_M
    Options
    It is illegal to name a pig Napoleon in France.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Defenestration is the scientific term for throwing someone out of a window.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    In Texas, it is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

There ya have it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A surprisingly large percentage of pet parrots taken to animal shelters can't be put up for general adoption because they have potty mouths.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It is illegal to name a pig Napoleon in France.

thats a good one!!!
  • cinnamon_gurl
    Options
    Canadians don't live in igloos

What?!?! Next you're going to try and tell me that they don't have Moose as pets. :wink:

No we don't, but our national animal is the beaver!
  • cinnamon_gurl
    Options
    Herrings communicate through flatulence.

So does my ex-husband :indifferent:
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Defenestration is the scientific term for throwing someone out of a window.

or something!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    the frog is the first animal cloned by scientist and not a sheep.
    The average age for both genders for a first sexual experience is 17.
    One in three men cheats on his partner, as opposed to one in four women. Only 28% of female cheaters get caught.
    A condom will lasts about a month in a wallet before the rubber gets worn down by friction, making it more likely to break.
    Both women and men are most likely to have their first orgasm alone.
    In the United States, every year about 15 people die from dog bites.
    Dogs and humans are the only animals with prostates.
    Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being
    A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
    The earliest known illustration of a man using a condom during sexual intercourse is painted on the wall of a cave in France. It is dated between 12,000 and 15,000 years old.
    The first condoms in the US were made from vulcanized rubber in the 1870s. They were expensive and annoyingly thick and meant to be reused.
    Only 17% of women are likely to have an orgasm during sex .
    According to a survey of sex shop owners, cherry is the most popular flavor of edible underwear.
    A man will ejaculate approximately 18 quarts of semen, containing half a trillion sperm, in his lifetime.
    In ancient Greece and Rome *kitten* were carved out of everything they could get their hands on from wood, glass, leather, gold, silver and even animal horns.
    The left testicle usually hangs lower than the right for right-handed men. The opposite is true for lefties.
    A female orgasm is a powerful painkiller (because of the release of endorphins), so headaches are in fact a bad excuse not to have sex.
    John Harvey Kellogg invented corn flakes as a meatless breakfast food, designed to reduce the sexual drive.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    <<<< only the arms and face are really me.

I bet you never would have known that if I hadn't told you.

Consider yourself educated.