About how much is 100 grams of yogurt?

Options
hula808
hula808 Posts: 224 Member
1/3 of a cup about?
I know I need a food scale but its Activia yogurt and Im not sure how much 100 grams works out to as on their nutrition label.

Thanks!

Replies

• hula808
    hula808 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump
  • frmrdtr
    frmrdtr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    If you go to Cooks.com you can find a conversion chart. Here is the link:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/convert/

you just enter whatever amount you have, say 1 cup, hit the conversion button, and it will tell you what that is equivalent to in ounces, liters, pints, tablespoons, teaspoons, etc. There is a little button to change from cups to a bunch of different measurements. So if you enter 100 grams, it will tell you it is equivalent to 3.527 ounces.

Try that out and see if it works for you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    About 1/5 of a 500 g tub.
    Or a bit less than 1/2 cup.
    Roughly 3oz

Hope this helps. The easiest way would be to look at the size of the tub and portion it out from there.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Its a little less than 1/2 cup. 1/3 cup is probably a decent estimate.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1 ounce is 28 grams
  • bevtrayer
    bevtrayer Posts: 37
    Options
    bump
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The old "1mL of water weighs 1g" rule might be good rough estimate to follow - even for yogurt - just until you get a scale. Sure, it might not be 100% accurate, but in my own experience, it's actually been pretty close with most liquids (including my yogurt, though I use a different brand), and it's better than random guessing in my opinion.
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Cups are the devil's measure. As adolson13 says, water has a density of 1 gram per 1 ml. You have to accept some error for liquids with different densities.

For cream and many common liquids, the error's within 5%. For ice cream, the error is within 10%. Yogurt is somewhere between the two.

What's holding up your purchase of digital scales?