Sports bras for larger bust

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a sports bra that securely supports and holds them in?? :)
I am currently a 40G and I am looking for something durable.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations :)

Replies

• Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a sports bra that securely supports and holds them in?? :)

i am a 38ddd...and i have yet to find one my size that actually works. but i've heard and tried wearing my regular bra w the sports bra on top. i find it really works to keep them as still as they can while i'm jogging. they still have a slight bounce but it doesn't hurt so i'm guesssing good support. so i guess u can give a try.
  • dramaqueen0619
    dramaqueen0619 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing. I am a 40DD. I think I will try the sports bra on top of my regular bra on Monday when I go run the bleachers.
  • kailey_watson
    kailey_watson Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I"m a 30 G and Freya Bras are amazing (both regular and sport).
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i def get two sports bras and wear them together. this has helped SO much! i get one thats a little smaller for me to wear first, and then one the correct size to control what spills out of the first. having the tighter one creates great support, and the looser one allows me to not look like a harlot wench LOL.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I get the one that is for the most support. I get them from Target or TJ Maxx or Marshalls.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just wear two sports bras. The first one has formed cups to keep from getting the dreaded "uniboob" and then the second is a regular Nike sports bra. The result is a great looking bust line with very little movement, even when I run. I'm a 38DD and wear these in XL.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 C and that doesn't sound big but it is for me. I have seen women wear 2 sports bra on the trail that I walk on.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm a G/H cup as well OP and I wear enell and shock absorber for high impact exercises (running, kickboxing). both reduce all bounce even when i'm running sprints. sorry biut there really is no need to wear 2 bras in this day and age. that's the stuff i did back in the 80's and 90's when i was a full busted athlete. there are tons of great options now

for low impact exercises i use goddess, elomi and a 1 larger size enell than what i wear for high impact
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have heard the same thing. I am a 40DD. I think I will try the sports bra on top of my regular bra on Monday when I go run the bleachers.

This is the only thing that actually works. 46F here!!
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I was a 38ddd (now 36ddd). I found a front zippered Under Armor that I absolutely love! I have 2 of them actually--one in white and one in black. They are thick and padded, which is odd since someone that size doesn't really need padding, but I think it helps keep the girls in control. I don't really know how many options UA has in sports bras, or if they still make that one, but I highly recommend it. Racer back, front zipper, thick/padded. The sizes may actually be "large" "xlarge" etc. rather than by bra size if I remember correctly.
  • ruthiehas
    ruthiehas Posts: 4
    Options
    Laney Bryant has some amazing sports bras. I used to wear two sports bras, but I only have to wear one now. YAY!
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    a friend of mine told me to check out plus-sized stores-- lane bryant was the example she gave me-- to get sports bras because they cater to larger bust sizes. i have yet to try this yet though, so it's just a thought. i'm a 40DD and i usually just wear sports bras that are just a tad too snug to strap'em down.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I'm very large as well and I just bought my first Enell sports bra. I was kind of skeptical because the sizes are totally different than regular bra sizes but if you follow the instruction they provide when measuring yourself for a proper fit, they do fit. I've never had a bra support me like this one. It's almost like a girdle for your breasts. They are a little pricey but I bought mine on Ebay. The website is enell.com
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    Laney Bryant has some amazing sports bras. I used to wear two sports bras, but I only have to wear one now. YAY!

well then my source was correct! :)
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Until I found one large enough I wore my regular bra with a very tight shirt over it. Would a 48F work for you in a sports? If so Amazon lists a company called "Glamorise Women's No Bounce Full Support Sport Bra" There is.womanwithin.com for up to 50L---yes I said 50L. www.lanebryant.com/Cacique has up to 50DDD. Good luck I understand your pain.......thank goodness not all of it though. I just goggled for these things. Maybe you can too to see what is available in your area.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I swear by my sports bras. I purchase them from titlenine.com. I am a 42DDD and cannot stand any movement from them when I workout. The names of my bras (per titlenine.com) are The Last Resort and Hallelujah. Seriously. They cost a little more but are well worth the money!! The girls never move.
  • sbyllek
    sbyllek Posts: 5
    Options
    I like shock absorber...I wear a 38 DD
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I alternate. I wear two sports bras one day, and the next day I wear the sports bra I got from "9-1-1 Bra Doctor"--depending on which outfit I am wearing.
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    i def get two sports bras and wear them together. this has helped SO much! i get one thats a little smaller for me to wear first, and then one the correct size to control what spills out of the first. having the tighter one creates great support, and the looser one allows me to not look like a harlot wench LOL.

But looking like a harlot wench can be so much fun! lol
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just wear two sports bras. The first one has formed cups to keep from getting the dreaded "uniboob" and then the second is a regular Nike sports bra. The result is a great looking bust line with very little movement, even when I run. I'm a 38DD and wear these in XL.

lmao oh i hate the uniboob....its so uncomfortable and i still bounce like that like it was a regular bra...for one boob. lol.......when i have money i will definately get a cupped sports bra. lol