TOTAL-2654
    After: 1/2 loaf bread with butter-234
    ouback special steak 6oz.-254
    mixed vegetables-96
    house salad with thousand island dressing-338
    unsweetened iced tea
    TOTAL-972
    AMOUNT CALORIES saved-1682!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ** And it is also a treat to get this new meal, I must earn it with exercise......most of the time, I kept saying I would reward myself with braised short ribs meal (loaded with calories!!!) when I hit 20 pds lost, and then 25 pds. lost and now I am close to 30 but the new meal is so delicious and filling I dont need a fatty meal to sit in my stomach. The treat is the healthy meal. :-)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I am big on steak so that is usually my eat out option (doesn't happen often these days):

Before MFP (or more precisely before I tweaked my nutrition while using MFP): Garlic Bread to start then Steak with chips. A beer or two.

After MFP: Salad to start then Steak with extra veggies/salad and hold the chips. Red wine.

Calorie difference? No idea, the calories ain't the thing we me ;)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat fast food much aside from Subway anymore, but here are a couple samples of mine:

McDonald's
    Before: Big Mac x10-12
    After: Quarter Pounder w/ cheese, medium fries, large coffee
    Calorie savings: 4460-5530

Wendy's
    Before: Baconator Double, Spicy Chicken, Large Fries x2, Medium Chocolate Frosty, 5-piece Chicken Nuggets
    After: Ultimate Chicken Grill, Medium Fries, coffee
    Calorie savings: 2300
  • tyranelson
    tyranelson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't typically eat fast food much aside from Subway anymore, but here are a couple samples of mine:

McDonald's
    Before: Big Mac x10-12
    After: Quarter Pounder w/ cheese, medium fries, large coffee
    Calorie savings: 4460-5530

Wendy's
    Before: Baconator Double, Spicy Chicken, Large Fries x2, Medium Chocolate Frosty, 5-piece Chicken Nuggets
    After: Ultimate Chicken Grill, Medium Fries, coffee
    Calorie savings: 2300

Adolson13: Simply AMAZING! You may very well be my new HERO. That is all.
  • abencase
    abencase Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot as well. I am amazed at what I used to eat.

Red Lobster

Before
    salad with two dressings on the side, Shrimp scampi, shrimp alfredo, 4 cheddar cheese biscuits and coke (2 refills)

After
    salad, with 1/3 vinegrette provided on the side, Salmon, broccoli (I ask for the skinny/light menu and I also ask that no salt be added to the salmon or the broccoli) one cheddar cheese biscuit and water with lime. If I am more hungry, I ask for two servings of broccoli.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP solely to track my sodium intake when told by kidney and heart doctor the next step with me was cut the sodium from diet (seriously cut! not just not your head and say you will try cut!) or we will discuss kidney dialysis next week.so OMG ..I made some changes, especially when eating out!!

McDonalds Before:
    Breakfast - two sausage breakfast burritos 600 calories and 1660 mg sodium
    or a sausage(no egg or cheese) mcgriddle 420 calories 1030mg sodium OR a big breakfast platter with hot cakes, 1090 calories and 2150 on sodium..omg.

Now: any flavor of oatmeal...they are all good! I prefer mine without any dried fruit..and just a tiny sprinkle of sea salt ...but the blueberry banana nut oatmeal is great!!! only 290 calories and 180 on sodium ...and very filling!! But I only go there as a special treat, maybe once a week. I prefer the breakfast stuff I pack in my food bag for work!!

Any other time of day..well we can just say I loveeee quarter and double quarter lbers with cheese, and the fries and chicken mc nuggets with BBQ sauce..I wont look it all up but just a 10 piece mc nugget is
    470 calories and 900 mg sodium and throw on the 3 packs of BBQ I required with 60 calories and 260 mg sodium PER PACKET...ugh..I can never go back there, forget about the sodium in burgers, and salads in any forms with chicken!! seriously!! one measly hamburger with NO cheese is 260 calories and 570mg sodium..I can make something much tastier ..sure with more calories but WAY less sodium at home!!

Now: during the day the only things I get through the MickyD's drive through is 1. a value sized diet coke and a medium fries, medium fries is 380 calories and only 270 mg sodium...that and a diet coke yum!! hits the spot if I am lower on sodium and carbs/fat for the day and want a treat. or if I'm just craving fast food. OR I just get a side salad, no dressing. without the croutons only 20 calories and 10 mg sodium- goes great with any meal I make at home and much fresher/tastier than what I can prepare by buying salad fixins at home and i'm not huge on salad...so it usually goes to waste..very inexpensive at $1 a pop.

Tyran, I see you are in MN - if you are near a Culver's GO THERE, often!! LOL Stay away from burgers with processed cheese (American)..or bacon..but the DOUBLE Swiss sourdough melt is WONDERFUL!! and only 790 mg sodium for the WHOLE thing!!! Fries are very low sodium, under 100 mg ..and the lemon ice is soo smooth almost creamy like ice cream - very low or no sodium and not super high on sugar/carbs like other icy fruity drive through type things. Their side salads are good, too! But I do miss their soups...lol I believe their lower sodium content has to do with their FRESH ingredients.

I suggest when choosing to eat out, consider where they get their food, how its supplied. Check their nutrient info carefully - either their web site or check the MPF database. Places that use FRESH ingredients (including proteins) will have way lower sodium AND taste better than most other chain type restaurants..fast or sit down. And of course salad dressings/condiments a hidden diet killer!

**disclaimer - I realize not all people on MFP have issues with sodium so no need to say anything about my focus on that ;)