need NEW dinner ideas ( with meat)

Options
2»

Replies

• WhatDoesLisa
    WhatDoesLisa Posts: 214
    Options
    I love the book series called Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes. This is the link to the sweet potato and turkey breast recipe (actually you can see a bunch of the recipes). You have to adjust them, like take out the 1/2 and 1/2 or sub stuff but I really like them.

http://books.google.com/books?id=mn0hs0OelH4C&pg=PA129&lpg=PA129&dq=not+your+mother's+slow+cooker+recipe+for+turkey+and+sweet+potatoes&source=bl&ots=8qpxM-Deca&sig=cBIUCrd5x7cPwQOVUlfUQ_3RNBs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PnHHT9yCIvG16AG6o7HGDg&ved=0CFUQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    today Im making crockpot pork and apples.... I got motivated to get the crockpot out and keep it out for awhile...
  • proctor78
    proctor78 Posts: 51
    Options
    bump
  • YazmineTheLost
    Options
    www.foodnetwork.com has a meal planer, you pick the meal, the main ingredient, and how long you want it to take, it will pull up every thing it has for you
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    www.foodnetwork.com has a meal planer, you pick the meal, the main ingredient, and how long you want it to take, it will pull up every thing it has for you

very cool... !! ty for this!!!:happy:
  • mgardner222
    Options
    I just looked this up, i am going to try this ASAP! Thanks!
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about soup, but when I make my own I always like it better AND it is very filling. The awesome thing about Chicken Tortilla Soup is that it is very flavorful and LOW CAL! So.. I highly recommend trying a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. Here is one I like to make. I also will slice up some avocado and put a few chunks on right before serving!

Can you tell I'm a little excited about sharing this? :)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tortilla-soup-i/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken tortilla soup&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

One of my favorites!! I make it once a week.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Herbs de Provence is a great way to flavor meats. press it in to the meats, all sides, and let it sit for at least a half hour before baking or grilling. It's a wonderfully different taste, and so easy.
    you can also mix it up yourself with Dried Herbs (fresh herbs will lose flavor if cooking longer then 20 minutes):

Herbs de Provence
    1 teaspoon thyme
    1 teaspoon summer savory
    1/2 teaspoon lavender
    1/4 teaspoon rosemary
    1/2 teaspoon majoram (or oregano)
    1/4 teaspoon sage
    Mix together and store in an airtight container, up to 4 months.

Also, you could try this: when grilling plain, or herbed, chicken, after you remove it from the grill, squeeze a quarter lime all over the chicken on a bed of lettuce and veggies (no dressing needed!). wow!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Have you (or anyone) heard of Ree Drummond "Pioneer Woman" ...? she is a texas chef, who is awesome!! check her out for good new recipes. Her recipes have easy step by step pics and directions, and are funny.
    She has fattening recipes as well as light .... don't get too sucked into the cowboy food :laugh:

http://thepioneerwoman.com
  • liljen2005
    liljen2005 Posts: 19
    Options
    Chicken Pot Pie - about 4 chicken breasts browned in frying pab, mix together cream of celery soup and cream of potatoe soup, and 2 cans of vegall (mixed veggies) add chicken, salt ,pepper, and a little garlic powder (mix well) Buy 4 pie crust , 2 deep and 2 regular. Add the mix in the deep crusts take the regular one and put on top and pinch the edges together. Bake at 350 for about 30 min. Very delish!!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options

allrecipes.com

^ This! I have the app on my phone and I love getting suggestion in my email. Often they are complete surprises and I am able to come up with something (almost) revolutionary. Most of the time the feedback is positive and we are all satisfied by a new avenue.

Another idea is pick themes for the week. We pick countries or areas and look up recipes to base our next shopping trip on.
    We had an Indian week, Thai week, Argentinian, Cuban, etc.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Have you (or anyone) heard of Ree Drummond "Pioneer Woman" ...? she is a texas chef, who is awesome!! check her out for good new recipes. Her recipes have easy step by step pics and directions, and are funny.
    She has fattening recipes as well as light .... don't get too sucked into the cowboy food :laugh:

http://thepioneerwoman.com

Her Iced coffee recipe is to die for! (Even sacrifice calories for!)
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump!