One Mistake= Uncontrollable Binge

Options
Sorry if this topic has been posted many times before, but I couldn't find it when I searched.
I have binge eating disorder and it has been getting less severe, but if I slip-up (overeat) just a little bit, it often turns into a full-on binge.
I have been trying "challenge" foods (foods that sometimes trigger binges) and it doesn't always go too well.
Anyone have advice? I would rather not completely avoid "challenge" foods b/c I think I need to learn how to eat them in moderation.

Replies

• NeverEverEasy
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up when you slip up a tad.
    Just say " Happy Thoughts! because tomorrow is a brand new day."
    One day of messing up cannot possibly make you gain weight so don't fret over all the small things
    because if you do overeat then you risk gaining the weight, learn to listen to your body, when it's hungry eat, when you are full stop.
    Our bodies self regulate themselves so really you should never feel overly full or hungry but more of a nothingness and satisfied feeling.

~ Happy logging ~
  • monkey_la_femme
    monkey_la_femme Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best way to avoid a treat becoming a binge is to eat in a different place. At home, alone, is the place where I was most likely to lose control so I don't keep trigger foods at home. If I want them, I eat in a cafe or food court, or in front of my boyfriend. A an extra accountability measure, I make sure he knows when I do buy biscuits or chips so he will know if I eat them all.