What kind of Treadmill do you have?

Options
I am thinking about buying a Treadmill! Just wondering if you had any advice and what kind you have! I am looking at the NordicTrack T5 zi Treadmill at Sears.

TIA!
Michelle

Replies

• Amber42803
    Options
    My treadmill is dirt and pavement. Best treadmill ever! lol

Actually, I also need to invest in one. Snowy, rainy days ahead you know! I think, personally, as long as it works and you can adjust your speed from walk to run, it'll do the trick. That's just my opinion though. I have lower back issues, so anything that is uphill, or imitates and uphill climb would kill me.

Hope my opinion helped...maybe you'll save some cash? :wink:

ALC

178464.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I am always conflicted in the advice I give because I understand that budgets are tight and many people find this type of product acceptable, but my personal feeling is that fitness equipment is an important investment and you should look at the cost as a long-term investment.

A quality piece of equipment and a cheap piece of equipment will often feel similar, esp when they are new and all the bolts are tight and the components have not experienced any wear. But the longer you use the equipment, the more apparent the differences become.

I am not saying that the NT is junk, but I am just wary of any $500 treadmill. That's still a lot of money.

I don't imagine where you live you have much to choose from. Costco sells a couple of Spirit brand treadmills online (ET-4 and ET-6) that cost $900 and $1300 respectively (that includes delivery) that are good basic models and might be worth considering.

Unfortunately, my personal experience is not relevant. I have a commercial StairMaster 4400PT that is 14 years old and that I got for $100 from a park district about 8 years ago when they were buying all new stuff. I also have a Life Fitness T 5.5 treadmill that is excellent, but I was able to purchase it for less than half the retail price, so it's not something I can recommend to anyone else.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I have a Proform xp from sears. I've had it for almost 2 years. This summer it started growling at me and rattling (yes those are the technical terms:happy:). My brother in law said something about bearings and something was loose and tightened some stuff and it's fine now.

Hope this helps.