Fat Free vs Sugar Free

Options
cort330
cort330 Posts: 27 Member
What is actually better to consume for weight loss? Can't find any reliable sources on this debate. Operative word, "reliable". What's your take?

Replies

• UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    i stay away from both. You need fat in your diet and I don't like fake sugars so if I indulge I eat the real deal.
  • Symphony2
    Symphony2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything 'fat free' - the sugar content is always huge (check out all those 'fat free' yogurts and compare). 'Sugar-free' is a marketing ploy - if something 'needs' sugar, then it needs it - if it's sugar-free as advertised, then it's been substituted with something else. Stop looking at the marketing rubbish and look at the label. It takes two seconds to check the ingredients - if the word 'sugar' is within the first five ingredients don't buy it! It really IS that easy. Hope that helps - 'branding' has so much to answer for and makes everything so confusing. Another tip ... if you can't pronounce and ingredient, then you shouldn't be eating it (that one helped me a lot)! :)
  • cort330
    cort330 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Another tip ... if you can't pronounce and ingredient, then you shouldn't be eating it (that one helped me a lot)! :)

Reminds of another piece of advice - avoid any product with more than five ingredients.