Pardon me while I share my excitement!

Options
Hello all! I've been reading through the success stories pretty regularly for some personal motivation since I've re-joined MFP in the past month. I would just like to share that over the past month I've lost 9lbs and I'm so excited! Yes, I know, it's a small victory compared to so many others, but I'm proud of myself...and my fiance is starting to see some change and is kinda on board now with healthier dinner choices, which has been such a challenge. It's so hard to eat better at home when no one else is interested.

Something that I'm really proud of in this little victory is that I've lost this weight without starving myself and without really exercising regularly (yet). I lost about 50lbs in the past but I did it by starving myself all day and then gorging at night - thinking that it was the only way. Ultimately, I gained it all back! I'm learning that moderation is key and modifying the things you love can make all the difference. I'm so glad that I found a better way to do this! I must confess that I am not the pinnacle of health or anything at this point, but I'm moving in the right direction and accounting for everything that crosses my lips is really putting things in perspective. Maybe this time I will really stick to this and get healthy and be happier! Thanks for taking a look!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Make small changes and Take it slow, you may not see the fast results but you will be able to stick with it forever. Welcome and good luck.:drinker:
  • daisyhougan
    Options
    I think 9 pounds over a month is awesome! Congratulations! You deserve to be proud of yourself. I also enjoy reading the amazing stories of weight loss on here and enjoy reading about those who have lost tremendous amounts of weight. But I also like reading stories such as yours where people have made a conscious step to lose weight in a healthy and sustaining way. Every journey to a healthy weight begins with a decision and a pound. Sounds like with 9 pounds, you're well on your way! Great job!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Every victory is a big victory if it keeps you motivated!!

Congrats :-)