Subway

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
I went to Subway for lunch today and order the 12" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with:

*Sweet Onion Sauce
*Honey Oat Bread
*Monterey Cheese, Shredded

I looked at the nutrition guide and have always been entering it as 370 calories per serving, etc. until I realized the pre-calculated values included wheat bread and did not include the sweet onion sauce or cheese into the calculations.

I recalculated the totals and discovered that one serving (6") of my favorite sandwich is actually 550 calories per serving instead of the 370. This is major considering the $5.00 deal going on at Subway at the moment.

So next time you go to Subway and choose the Honey Oat Bread make sure you add the difference into your calorie totals for the day. One serving of Honey Oat is 50 calories more than Wheat; one serving of Monterey Cheddar Bread is only 40 calories more per serving but 2.5g more fat.

These may seem like minor differences, but when you have any type of dressing, chipotle sauce, cheese, or mayo make sure you include these into your overall totals because they sure add up!

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I went to Subway for lunch today and order the 12" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki with:

*Sweet Onion Sauce
    *Honey Oat Bread
    *Monterey Cheese, Shredded

I looked at the nutrition guide and have always been entering it as 370 calories per serving, etc. until I realized the pre-calculated values included wheat bread and did not include the sweet onion sauce or cheese into the calculations.

I recalculated the totals and discovered that one serving (6") of my favorite sandwich is actually 550 calories per serving instead of the 370. This is major considering the $5.00 deal going on at Subway at the moment.

So next time you go to Subway and choose the Honey Oat Bread make sure you add the difference into your calorie totals for the day. One serving of Honey Oat is 50 calories more than Wheat; one serving of Monterey Cheddar Bread is only 40 calories more per serving but 2.5g more fat.

These may seem like minor differences, but when you have any type of dressing, chipotle sauce, cheese, or mayo make sure you include these into your overall totals because they sure add up!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I noticed that too. I just usually stick to plain turkey on wheat...
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Plain turkey on wheat, no dressing and no cheese. You have a winner, six inches for under 300 calories. But I am also eating their foot long due to 5 buck deal. Hope they can make it 2.5$ for six inch to keep us on our diet :)
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I buy the footlong and keep half of it for lunch the next day..helps cut down on the calories!